Rogers Online Gaming Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers Online Gaming Thread

Is this thread no longer being monitored? Why post here if nobody replies or reads the thread anymore...

I've Been Around

Terrible download/upload speeds for Hitron Coda

We have been having major issues over last 3 weeks with this. Our kids are unable to play on PS4 without it lagging. We have approximately 7 devices attached to modem at once. Tried resetting and only having ps4 on modem and still have major issues....

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Stewiefamily16:

1.  Are you connecting to the modem via ethernet or wifi or both?

2.  Is the PS4 connected via ethernet or wifi?

3.  can you log into the modem and let me know what Software version is shown on the Status tab.  That tab is displayed automatically when you log into the modem.   The version should be 2.0.10.36T6 or 7.1.1.30

3.  Please navigate from there to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN tab.  Select or highlight from the start of the 
Downstream Overview, all the way to the bottom right hand corner of the bottom OFDM/OFDMA Overview section, right click .... Copy.  Then in a new post, right click .... Paste.  The entire table should paste into a post and look like the table in the modem.  

With the signal data on hand, we'll be able to see if there's a signal issue afoot.  

Just to note, there has been packet loss and latency issues noted in the GTA since January, so, if you're in that area, that might be the explanation of your current problems.  Rogers has been doing "something" to their network since January and won't divulge any details, so, outside of the company, no one knows what the cause of the problems are.  Field techs obviously know that something is wrong but won't say anything and tech support and the moderators in the forum aren't commenting on the situation either.  The situation also affects TPIA customers as well. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi there,

I recently just purchased the internet package that has the 1GB download and 30mb upload speed. I have a direct connection running from my Xbox to the modem. The speeds are very solid at about 200-600mpbs download and 20-30upload but I have been having a problem with latency. I was with bell before, sharing a 1GB up and down package and played off of wifi with 40-60ms latency. On a direct connection, it is known to have much lower latency. When I plug in to the modem directly, my latency is hovering between 70-80ms. I was hoping to get around 20-40ms latency as it’s important for things such as shot registration. I was wondering if I could have some assistance with this? It’s very important as I am a planning on competing in Halo 5 tournaments leading up to halo infinite’s release in the fall. I appreciate any feedback to resolve the issue as I have already portforwarded the Xbox as well.

Thanks
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Why would u switch to Rogers ? Bell is alot better when it comes to online gaming
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

From personal experience, Rogers is better for me. Not sure if location matters as I am located in Newfoundland. But I definitely have expirenced lower latency with Rogers than bell. So I’m just looking at what the issue could be.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Wondering if anyone at @rogers can help me with this?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Please see my message below with my situation. Thank you.
Highlighted

Hello, @GriffyRose

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thanks so much for posting your concerns in the Community. I know how frustrating it can be to try to game online when there are Latency issues. This can definitely ruin the entire experience.

We'd like to do some advanced diagnostic tests on your equipment and in your area to see if we can detect where the issue is occurring so we can escalate this for you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started. If you're not familiar with our private messaging system, no worries Click Here.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony