Rogers Online Gaming Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Online Gaming Thread

Seems like what you guys are experiencing, is what I'm experiencing as well. All started about a week ago, and I believe it's related to the IPTV roll out.

My latency from the node went from ~5ms on average, to anywhere between ~20ms-80ms (if not more).

I know a tech that works for Rogers, and he spoke to one of the higher ups and they said that all of Ontario is experiencing some issues after the roll out. Check out my smokeping graph to the node:

I've Been Around

High Latency and slight jitters past 6pm

Hello,

since about a week and a half ago my ping has been spiking past 6 pm. I am a gamer and this is affecting my experience drastically. I usually ping to a New York based server at 30-40ms but once it becomes the late afternoon my ping spikes to 75+ms to the same servers. This problem exists with any server I connect to. I have searched around but I could not find anything recent about this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I Plan to Stick Around

Having the same problems.  Started a couple days ago.  My upload speeds have been extremely slow too.  It was fine this morning at 10mbps, but right now I am only getting 1mbps.

I'm in Brampton.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rahba @Luffness there is some issue with the Rogers network that Rogers has not detailed or responded to publicly.  Start.ca has responded to their customers with the following update today:  "Update June 11th: Rogers has acknowledged the problem and is working on a fix, No ETA has been provided at this time."

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31992218-

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Since 2-3 weeks i'ts impossible to game, no matter what games I play, I get random lag spikes every couple minutes.

On Gigabit ,wired with an Ethernet cable.

speedtest is fine 950 mbs,32 mbs up

Please Rogers Fix your INTERNET, the quality of the internet is extremely poor right now and needs to be fixed ASAP.

What's going on? please give us updates because this is is clearly not normal and need to be addressed.

I've Been Around

I could do game broadcasts last month without any issue with 500u plan. This June nightmare starts and having huge upload packet loss with 3 Mbps uploads only. Impossible to do game broadcast anymore. The ps4 will complain the speed to too slow to do it. All my smart home devices and voip services are impacted by this horrible upload speed. Rogers ticket support has been running in loops since early june. Now I have only a non-existing ticket of maintenance schedule for my area and an escalated ticket to their engineering team. Start running out of patience on Rogers. I already using Fibe bell internet and have zero issues with game broadcast with 300mbps upload
I've Been Around

It's been almost 2 weeks that I can't play normally. I don't exactly know what's going on with the network but is garbage right now. Whenever I do a speed test it shows my regular download and upload speed (150mbps download / 15 mpbs upload) but it just doesn't feel right, I keep getting spikes in any game I play almost every minute. Tried getting a new router and nothing, contacted customer support multiple times and they keep telling me that they opened up a ticket but no support whatsoever.

Is there anywhere we can make a complain about this? Is just frustrating how this people get away with everything when we are paying for a service.

I'm Here A Lot

Its been 3 weeks now and i really dont wana be rude, i understand people have jobs and etc. But this issue has not been resolved. Im getting 200-400 ping spikes in games. Im paying well over 120 dollars a month to have a descent internet connection but in return im getting some 3rd world dial up connection. If this issue does not get fixed by next week I WILL BE SWITCHING TO BELL FIBE! FIX YOUR PROBLEMS

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

my ping spikes have also come back recently

I Plan to Stick Around

Ping spikes and packet loss have also come back for me in the past few days. It would be nice if Rogers informed us on what's going on.