Rogers Online Gaming Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers Online Gaming Thread

I am getting 200-300 ping playing league of legends today, which is quite unusual because i usually get 25-30 ping. anyone else having same issues?

I Plan to Stick Around

Cant play games at any online game from 1pm-1am due this horrible lag

10PM. Note: This is to a Toronto CSGO server from London.

Local toronto server

Here is 4AMOffpeak hours

Signstr

sigstr

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for posting this! I have the same issue that started yesterday. I cant play any online games as of right now, rogers sent a technician over but he didnt know what to do. I am very frustrated and dont have any answers.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same CGN3ACR and I have had the same PS4 party disconnection issues for 2+ years. I also moved, yet have the same problem in both houses.

It's 100% a modem issue. You can replicate it by hammering the modem super hard like you said with YouTube, it causes the modem to lag internally and cause connection problems.

However I will say this. I had my 2.4GHz on N only same as you, however when I changed it to b/g/n mixed this problem became a lot more rare. The 5GHz is on a/n/ac.

So maybe try that as a starting point.
I've Been Around

I used to have the old CGN3 modem/router with 250mbs plan and changed into the 1gbps plan with the CODA-8582U modem/router and online gaming has never been the same since. I will have varying ping rate of 36-50 and then it will suddenly jump up to 200 and back down. It's quite frustrating and makes Overwatch unplayable. Nothing on my network has changed and I have gone through Roger's multiple times and even had the modem/router exchanged. I even put the router on bridge mode and just used my own router and nothing has worked. I am tired of having to deal with Rogers Tech Support and I wish I never changed my internet plan.

I've Been Here Awhile

High Ping Issues During Gaming

So around the end of March, an issue with in-game lag started. After trying third party routers, factory resets, and wired connections, QoS, nothing has seemed to fix it. A service technician even came and fixed nothing. The ping in-game will jump will jump from 30-40ms to as high as 400ms. Today we switched plans to the Ignite Gigabit plan, which included a modem upgrade from the CGN3ACSMR to the CODA-4582. The issue with ingame lag persists and i have run out of ideas.

I've Been Around

high jitter making online games unplayable

I have a terrible jitter, 100ms +. It has been like this for over a week. Online game are unplayable. Please help.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am as well! What the heck are the techs doing with the nodes/servers?? Yikes haha
I'm Here A Lot

My problem started 1 week ago when my ingame ping started to go from 28 ms to 150-300ms. I tested other multiplayer games and it consists in all of them, so its not due to a specific game server. Also, i plugged in the ethernet cable to another PC to test if its something to do with my PC and the same issue was present in my other computer as well. I am convinced this is an issue on Rogers side. I had a technician come over and he did not know what to do. Please look into this!

I Plan to Stick Around

This is insane. The last few nights, everything is completely unusable.

At times my gigabit service wasn't even able to break 100mbps.

Games are lagging so bad every 20-30 seconds, 2-3 seconds of complete loss of connectivity.

Something needs to be done. This is an unacceptable breach of service and it appears that nobody is even willing to acknowledge that there are gigantic issues with Rogers these days.