Rogers Online Gaming Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Online Gaming Thread

I have been experiencing this upload to twitch issue all summer actually. We have run the twitch test tool and tried all the Canadian servers and all the ones on the east coast. Including the Chicago server. Sane result. Tried everything from 6000 to 2500 and same issue. Upload randomly drops to zero. Haven't tried streaming since we got the new coda firmware .32 this morning. But I don't expect it to be any different. @RogersDave @RogersKevin time to get this fixed. It's been going on for to long now. What ever I can do to assist please let me know

Mythen
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been running the Twitch Bandwidth tester the last few days and it's results have been all over the place. Sometimes every server close to me is returning a Quality of 0, while other times it'll say 75-100. On those days I attempt a quick bandwidth test to Twitch but within 30 seconds my bitrate is dropping to 0 and I lose a lot of frames, even dropping the bitrate as low as 1,000. It's bizarre. I streamed from the end of June until mid-August on the older modem (I'm blanking on the model name - the little black one) and I never had a single issue with dropped frames.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm still on the .28T2 software version for what it's worth. Hopefully the .32 version works better for you! That would give me something to look forward to at least.
I Plan to Stick Around

I was on .28t2 for a few weeks now. So we shall see what this one is like
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, please let us know if that makes it any better.

Really need this to be fixed.

I Plan to Stick Around

Don't hold your breath. Lol. I was on .31 and it was unusable for me. Extreme lag spikes and twitch. Again unusable. At least with the .28t2 it was a little random
I Plan to Stick Around

So I guess a faster fix would be to just buy another router

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine were random with .28t2 as well up until Yesterday morning. Since then it's been within 30 seconds - sometimes as soon as I hit the 'Start Streaming' button with OBS.

Just trying to hold onto a little bit of positivity haha
I Plan to Stick Around

Tech came today and only checked the signals on the modem. Attempted to show him the issue I was having with the upload speed with the Twitch Bandwidth Tester and a stream to Twitch through OBS. He proceeded to tell me that drops in the upload speed are normal, even going so far to confirm it when I asked "Even to 0 kb/s every 30 seconds?"

Needless to say it was a very short visit with the tech. To rule out my PC being the issue and not the modem and the internet connection I hooked a friends laptop up to the modem and attempted a stream on OBS using the same parameters as my Desktop and the same upload/bitrate issues were seen there too.
I Plan to Stick Around

That's kinda expected from the tech lol.

I don't even know what to do to fix this, like it has been happening since forever but it wasn't this bad.