Rogers Modem NAT problems / gaming ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Modem NAT problems / gaming ?

NAT TYPE ONLINE GAMING

Good evening/morning. Am having trouble with online gaming because my NAT type is set to strict. How can i switch it to open?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your post was moved to this thread, if you look back through it you should find most of the answers you need.

Short version.

You can reduce your firewall settings a little.
You will need to set up port forwarding in the modem to forward specific ports to your game system (this will vary based on which game system it is)

You will also to do the forwarding properly, need to set up a static IP address for the game system.

I've Been Here Awhile

Here here!. Rogers supplies bad equipment then blames you saying your Xbox causing problems not us. Unplug your bad modem and plug it back in you should be good for an hour. Problem fixed...see you in hour sucker

I've Been Here Awhile

Techxpert is a now cancelled service. Rogers has sent a big screw you nessage to it's customer base. I put my Xbox one in dmz and Nat was open but I am not sure what risks there are.
I've Been Here Awhile

Just add a new modem and connect xbox to that modem. It works for me. 3 Months and no issues. Problem is the Rogers modem. So I just connected a new modem to am Ethernet port on the Rogers modem. It's not in BRIDGE.
I've Been Around

need help to open my nat 

Hi I need help to open my nat because I can not play online FIFA 18 I have a xbox one s 

thank you in advance  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MHD097 if you have a white CODA-4582 or black CGN3ASCMR modem then the problem is most likely that the modem is running IPV6.  The modem model can be seen on the product sticker at the back of the modem.  

To switch the modem to IPV4 only mode, log into the modem, navigate to BASIC .... GATEWAY FUNCTION tab, change the MODE from Dual (IPV4 and IPV6) to IPV4 only.  Save the setting.  The modem will revert to IPV4 only mode in a couple of minutes.  Usually I run a reboot as well ADMIN ..... DEVICE RESET .... Reboot.  

While the modem is rebooting, reboot the XBox as well.  

Can you let me know the exact model of modem that you have.  if this is one of the other CGN3xxx models, there are two ways to resolve this.  Exchange the modem for a CGN3ACSMR, or newer white CODA-4582, or request the trial firmware version for the CGN3xxxx modem, if that is what you currently have.   The trial firmware would allow you to switch modem Modes to IPV4 only. 

I've Been Around

how do i open nat type for gaming with these outdated confusing things that i pay for ?

Hello @shack6,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

As a fellow online gamer, I can fully understand the need to set your NAT type to open.

Can you provide some more information on which modem you have and what gaming device you're connecting to?  I would also recommend reading through this thread as there have been a number of helpful posts.

Keep us posted.

RogersShaun

I've Been Around

How can I change  my Nat type to type 1

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats