Rogers Modem NAT problems / gaming ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Modem NAT problems / gaming ?

@RyzenFX wrote:

You can also try updating your router to see if it makes any difference, but like gp-se said- you should exchange that modem for the CODA4582 "Gigabit Modem" since you're on 250u. Ask the tech tomorrow to swap your modem out for the CODA-4582. The swap will be free, but I do suggest joining the firmware trial program as it resolves many of the issue with the CODA-4582. 

Yup the CODA reduces a lot of latency compared to the old PUMA 6 Modems, and with firmware .24 it finally feels like a solid product. Also since you run a third party router you could put the modem in Bridge Mode and open all the ports you want on your Asus Router.

I Plan to Stick Around

ok ill try any

@gp-se wrote:

@RyzenFX wrote:

You can also try updating your router to see if it makes any difference, but like gp-se said- you should exchange that modem for the CODA4582 "Gigabit Modem" since you're on 250u. Ask the tech tomorrow to swap your modem out for the CODA-4582. The swap will be free, but I do suggest joining the firmware trial program as it resolves many of the issue with the CODA-4582. 

Yup the CODA reduces a lot of latency compared to the old PUMA 6 Modems, and with firmware .24 it finally feels like a solid product. Also since you run a third party router you could put the modem in Bridge Mode and open all the ports you want on your Asus Router.

thing also the ticket I submitted apparently was fix, it was not i'm still suffering from packet loss and a 22.36 mbps down and a 4.59mbps up so I don't know what "rogers" fixed but derrr

I Plan to Stick Around

also I talked to customer care/retention and the best they can do is 25bucks off.....really ..like 3 days of lost wages and 3 games not test i.e 25 bucks an hour for testing and like the lost stream is unmountable as it dependent on donation.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ kozhitnrun why not go to the Rogers store today and swap your modem for the new CODA 4582 Modem, since you game it will make a nice difference in latency. Also that way when the Rogers Tech comes you'll already have the new modem and he can do testing with that setup. DOCSIS 3.1 is the future, and it's where Rogers will be spending the resources on fine tuning for optimal performance. Also if your area is DOCSIS 3.1 enabled then those weak SNR ratios you currently have wont matter since those are DOCSIS 3.0 channels. The CODA connects using DOCSIS 3.1 channels which are different. 

If you do end up doing that make sure you sign up for the beta firmware program and have the new firmware pushed to the modem, it makes a HUGE difference from the shipping firmware.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kozhitnrun wrote:

also I talked to customer care/retention and the best they can do is 25bucks off.....really ..like 3 days of lost wages and 3 games not test i.e 25 bucks an hour for testing and like the lost stream is unmountable as it dependent on donation.

You can't expect Rogers (or any ISP) to compensate for your loss wages, I mean if the Power goes out and the food in my fridge gets spoiled, do I ask the Utility Company to pay for my spoiled food?

I Plan to Stick Around

@gp-se wrote:

@ kozhitnrun why not go to the Rogers store today and swap your modem for the new CODA 4582 Modem, since you game it will make a nice difference in latency. Also that way when the Rogers Tech comes you'll already have the new modem and he can do testing with that setup. DOCSIS 3.1 is the future, and it's where Rogers will be spending the resources on fine tuning for optimal performance. Also if your area is DOCSIS 3.1 enabled then those weak SNR ratios you currently have wont matter since those are DOCSIS 3.0 channels. The CODA connects using DOCSIS 3.1 channels which are different. 

If you do end up doing that make sure you sign up for the beta firmware program and have the new firmware pushed to the modem, it makes a HUGE difference from the shipping firmware.

you see I would love to do that because the signal noise ratio is really wonky as per the techs on the phone ,there's no point I'll still have a lot of packet loss and will have disconnect issues from my stream and Xbox live ...so I'm stuck waiting for the tech tomorrow, when if they would have sent one Friday when I first called it would be fixed and a 25 dollar off is very insulting .....

I'm an Advisor

@kozhitnrun wrote:

I hate to sound mean, but this is not a business-grade service with a service level agreement. There's a reason a 100 megabit leased line with a modest SLA costs $600/month...

I've Been Around

I'm unable to host games in Mass Effect Andromeda on PC. I have attempted to forward the ports required with my CGNM but have had no luck. Anyone here familiar with this? Apparently hosting games require and open NAT and I do not see a way of opening up the NAT settings on my router. 

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @aPHAT

Welcome to the Rogers Forum Smiley Happy!

Thanks for bringing your concern to the Community. I can certainly understand how frustrating of a situation this must be for you.

It appears there are other members of the Community also experiencing similar issues, as seen here, on post #1496 with the CODA modem.

I'll invite a few of our Res Experts to assist, I'm certain they'll be able to point you in the right direction :). 

@gp-se @Datalink @Gdkitty @VivienM, any insight or words of wisdom you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

RogersCilio

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@aPHAT On the Gateway have you gone into the settings and changed the firewall level to "minimum". Also you can goto port forwarding settings and enter the ports there.

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats