Rogers Modem NAT problems / gaming ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Modem NAT problems / gaming ?

@kozhitnrun Signal levels look fine, what modem and plan are you running? If you're on the newer Ignite Unlimited plans (100u, 250u, gigabit) you can swap to the new CODA modem. The CODA modem has some issues, but the latest Beta firmware has actually made it very stable, and I would recommend it now.

However before you do all that lets try a few things. First unplug and remove the ASUS router just for now and plug a computer directly into your Rogers Modem, don't use WiFi, plug an Ethernet cable in just for testing. Then press and hold the reset button on the back of the Modem for 10 seconds, release, then let the modem boot up. After about a minute or two the modem should be booted up, depending on firmware version you may have to go through an "Easy Connect Setup Wizard" 

Run some speed tests and see if the speeds improve, if speeds are still unusable then call Rogers and ask them to check the speeds of your neighbours to see if this is a local node/cmts issue, or something just affecting you.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@kozhitnrun

That's because your Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) on your downstream channels are low. This is probably why your speeds are low and have varying ping. Since you already have a tech coming on Monday, let the tech know that your SNR levels are low. The tech will run some tests to confirm it will try to fix it.

Also, is the wire still hanging on the pole? It could be due to weather damage which would require it to be replaced. The wire will still be hanging on the pole until spring in which Rogers is able to have its crews dig it underground. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ok I get that , but the 4 days of lost wages due to this, like is there not some one that can come sooner or monitor this ...... -

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RyzenFX wrote:

@kozhitnrun

That's because your Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) on your downstream channels are low. This is probably why your speeds are low and have varying ping. Since you already have a tech coming on Monday, let the tech know that your SNR levels are low. The tech will probably file a maintenance request if it's related to your area. 

Also, is the wire still hanging on the pole? It could be due to weather which would require it to be replaced. The wire will still be hanging on the pole until spring in which Rogers is able to have its crews dig it underground. 

@RyzenFX 

his SNR is still within the limits, 33 or higher shouldn't have issues, but perhaps the Hitron is very picky about SNR.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

for the past 3 days my asus modem has been un plug I've reset and done all the hoop tricks as per rogers techs .this is the 3rd rogers modem in  2 days and the new ignite rocket hub modem is not that good its base bios conflicks with Xbox live and prevents open NAT as per Reddit posts I've read and no I'm not willing to waste my time trying.if rogers wants to put it in writing and guarantee me that their new router ignite is all that and a bag of chips fine but until then 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

the wire is on the pole yes like it should be all wires look hung right.

Highlighted

@gp-se I'm not really sure because he's on a diff modem, but ideally you would want SNR levels around 37-38. Maybe it could be a damaged wire due to weather. 

@kozhitnrun If they determine the issue is being caused due to a damaged wire or SNR problem call customer support and refer to this issue so that they can try  reimburse you. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Then I agree with @RyzenFX and call Rogers and see if they will reimburse you. Also have them run test on your node so you can see if this is an area wide issue. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I tried that last night  , due to the fact I have to wait till Monday for repair guy and they could not send one like Saturday...I also told them that I'm losing money as I live stream and broadcast  , beta test from home...but like the little girl said last night so so sorry sir not or problem and what do you want me to do about it...

Highlighted

You can also try updating your router to see if it makes any difference, but like gp-se said- you should exchange that modem for the CODA4582 "Gigabit Modem" since you're on 250u. Ask the tech tomorrow to swap your modem out for the CODA-4582. The swap will be free, but I do suggest joining the firmware trial program as it resolves many of the issue with the CODA-4582.