Rogers Modem NAT problems / gaming ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersAndy

Re: Rogers Modem NAT problems / gaming ?

Hey @gkvincent!

Though Rogers doesn't provide support directly for NAT based issues as it does require port forwarding I'd be happy to provide you with some information that could be of help in resolving your concern. Your NAT Type is determined based on your connection to the applicable server, so this may vary for different games but with UPnP enabled it should consistently be at moderate. In any circumstance where it isn't you can forward the necessary ports manually.

You can read about port forwarding with our modems on our website here
Should you require a step by step guide for it then you can check out portforward.com for a comprehensive guide. For the ports required though you would need to reach out to the support for the game you're experiencing issues with, they can provide all necessary ports, though you may be able to identify them from a quick google search I would recommend validating the necessary ports with their support first.

As for the occurrence of NAT Type Strict with Bungie, it's not something I've come across personally (XB6T modem), but it is something I will keep an eye on within the forums and can ensure that feedback is provided to our product team as needed. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and if there's anything else you need assistance with regarding your home network this community is a wonderful place to share it!

@RogersAndy

MasterC
I'm Here A Lot

The last few days I noticed the internet was really slow. Today I ran speed tests with my router on and connected to my modem directly and I'm getting less than 50 Mbps when I was getting over 300 Mbps before,

I was wondering if anyone in Mississauga is having this issue.  Also noticed that my nat type when from open to moderate when playing Call of Duty games. I didn't change a thing and haven't moved the modem.

RogersAndy

Hey @MasterC!

I hope your internet service speed has returned to normal, if you're still experiencing any issues definitely reach out to support at your convenience.

Regarding the NAT type issue you're experiencing check out my post above for info that can help resolve that.

@RogersAndy