Rogers Mail Keeps Timing Out

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Mail Keeps Timing Out

Yes!! Thanks your suggestion to log out is what finally worked for me.
I'm a Senior Contributor

@shaker wrote:

This issue also impacts other web pages, not just webmail although I realize they're related.  I have a my.yahoo.com page as my home page (with stock quotes, news, scores, mail etc).  As of yesterday I now have to log in every time I open a new browser.  I always check off the "remember me" box.

On top of this, most of the time it won't allow me to log in at all, the page keeps "spinning" and won't let me in.

I hope a fix is imminent.

I had the same problem after checking the "remember me" box. The next time I went in, it appeared that I had to login again but after entering my user name, I got the the page that keeps "spinning", same as you. I assume its the same - the one with the famous rogers jumping beans. The only way I could get back in was to clear the cookies. So lesson learned - DO NOT click  the "remember me" box and fully log out every time you close your browser. It is not ideal and a real nuisance but come on - how boring would life be if it were not for rogers working harder to make things more difficult for us and us coming up with solutions to solve these problems? Smiley Wink

I've Been Around

Have the same issue with Timing Out and most times I can't login into my email.  It "freezes" with any request in the Member Centre.  Have been on hold 4 times since yesterday, for a min of 1 hr ea.  Was just able to access Yahoo and then closed it and tried to gain access to no avail.  Their wait times are not acceptable.  I will certainly be asking for a discount on my bill. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I know people had issues earlier this week - we still are.

Yahoo won't load without a password every time and then once we sign in the rogers page will not load.

When will this be fixed? Anyone else?

I Plan to Stick Around

Same here, but only with my main email which is my account login

I've Been Here Awhile

Good Morning, 

We are still feeling frustrated with passwords and timeouts - when will this be resolved?

I've Been Here Awhile

I am experiencing this time out issue as well. Nothing like typing out/editing a long email, browsing multiple sites then coming back to add more to the email (all within like 20 minutes) and get a timed out message. Thanks Rogers.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@brews3 If you have been timed out, you should check your "drafts" folder. Whatever email you were working on might be saved there. 

Otherwise, what I find very odd about the "timing out" issue is the fact that we have 2 laptops. On one, I find that I am still logged in everyday, never time out, and never have to input my username or password. On the second one, I have to log in everyday, and within 2 hours I have timed out. It makes no sense at all. I have even cleared the cache, history, and cookies on both laptops. 

This whole schmozzle seems to be yet another case of rogers "fixing" what isn't broken. Do they never learn?

I Plan to Stick Around

Yahoo online mail can't add account, Inbox is now uploading local folder changes

What's going on with Rogers Yahoo online mail?  Adding an account just sends you to the login with no password to follow and thus no account is added.  Furthermore, switching between accounts does nothing - stays on the same account.  And I have one account that doesn't have the option to add accounts at all.

Also, if I add a folder or move emails on my local PC the same activity is mirrored on my online mail. How is that possible?  This has resulted in two online Inboxes, one that is Yahoo online, one that is on my local PC from the same account - resulting in some emails landing in either Inbox.  Most problematic is that only emails in the Inbox will download locally, so if an email lands in the wrong Inbox is it going to download?

Is this a result of Yahoo being sold?  What a mess. What's going on?

Charles

I'm Here A Lot

The last couple of days, my email forces me to sign in again after a period of non use!  I went on the chat line and was told "you must sign in again after 15 minutes of non use, for security reasons"  This means I have to sign in to my email 10 or more times a day!!!!!

This is absolute garbage  and quite likely in a short period of time Rogers will announce a new plan for XX dollar increase to resolve the issue!!!  It looks like it is time to move to another email provider!!!  Great way to treat long time customers Rogers