Rogers Mail Keeps Timing Out

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Mail Keeps Timing Out

Rogers Yahoo email - unable to access

There seems to have been some type of "upgrade" by Rogers that has messed with my access to Yahoo email. I now get an error when trying to login.

This page isn’t working

rogersmembercentre.com didn’t send any data.

I've Been Here Awhile

What is wrong with Rogers new mail? Can't get on most of the day. This is really frustrating as I depend on my emails. I pay a premium price for my services and I expect premium service. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I wish I only had the timing out issue... That was a couple of days ago.  Now I can't even get logged in!  I tried Chrome and Safari.  Both exhibit the same hangup.  I can't get passed the "Hello, A new and easy way to access your Rogers Yahoo email account. Please login with your @rogers.com or @nl.rogers.com email address and password."  Just hangs there.  JUST HANGS THERE!

Seriously ROGERS, get your act together.  

I've Been Around

Since last Thursday (Oct 26), I see that the email sign-in page has changed from a Yahoo page to a Rogers page. This has caused the following issues:

- I cannot login to email via the Rogers Yahoo phone app at all or via my phone at all

- I could access email from my laptop, but must login every time. Today, Oct 31, I cannot log in at all. 

How do I rectify this? I feel like someone has cut off a limb and I really need access to my email!!

I've Been Here Awhile

Exactly what I'm experiencing!

I've Been Around

yet another botched Rogers implementation.  did the IPTV team get moved to SSO webmail interfaces?  five minutes of 'processing' time to login to webmail is pretty much the worst i've ever seen.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Getting logged out wouldn't be nearly as annoying if I could actually log in which has been extremely difficult today.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Its not a fix. If you have a Yahoo account that has a yahoo.ca or yahoo.com suffix instead of rogers.com, you don't interact with the rogersmembercenter and everything works fine. The problem certainly seems to be the rogersmembercenter interface as these problems we seem to be having coincide with its appearance.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Many people had issued trying to log into Rogers Webmail on Wednesday. Just after midnight I was able to login without issue. I hope the rest of you are also now able to login.

This doesn't help with the "timing out" issue, but at least you should be able to login.

While there were issues with Webmail, I had no issues sending/receiving e-mails using my Outlook client on my computer.

I'm a Senior Advisor

So, after reading the issues and discussions by the last few posters and the readers, the best solution (cache and cookies) available provided to us at the start of this whole thread, would appear to have absolutely no connection to what is happening as described by the tech support conversations related to login authentication screens, an attempt to integrate the login into other features of the current Rogers/email management tool set that faces the consumer, and that they are working on it.

So I am left wondering if Rogers is keeping the forum members up to date on progress of this question through the mods.  It looks like fairly detailed descriptions were given through tech support on this known issue.  So let the people who ask the questions (all domains of communication including us know what is going on.  I am not directing this issue at mods, it is at the system and why a few people getting the correct techs can learn so much in a couple of calls, while we here nothing here and are left to debug and work around the issue with the hope that we can at least use the services.)

This definitely is not good customer service, end to end experience at all.

We will now have to wait on the developers who now know that there is something about the login and authentication process that didn't go as hoped when they implemented some changes, and now the issue is wide spread and we are left getting frustrated and uninformed.

As others are suggesting, I wonder if this authentication issue is similiar to be occurring on other web sites, like the forum login and my rogers log in and it may be a larger issue, but I leave that to the programmers to find a fix, but on our side, I think that pushing the calls directly to the tech support and up the tiers and escalate if necessary is the only way we will learn what may be going on and hopefully get these issues resolved.

I thank Mods for directing us to the only "official known recommendation", but with the responses afterwards, it seems fairly clear that this is an issue not at the user browser level - it is much higher up in the system, somewhere in the authentication.  And definitely this is what is suggested (in my  humble opinion) in those reports by members of their calls to tech support.

Without a doubt, I think we can all figure out that something related to time out may have been introduced, and changes to how the memberscentre login and authentication process has been made.  The excellent questions and debugging by so many here was suggesting that the issue lay most likely in the middleware login processes, and some changes as mentioned in how the centre was to work.

Hope it gets fixed soon, along with the other site issues.

Bruce