Rogers Mail Keeps Timing Out

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Mail Keeps Timing Out

I find myself having to log back into the Rogers Member Centre a few times a day, which is very annoying and a waste of time. I'm noticing when it logs me out, it appears to be reverting to yahoo.ca. Any way to stop this from happening?

*** Edited Labels ***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Mail Keeps Timing Out

Yes, we are also experiencing the same problem.  I called Rogers yesterday when the wait time was "only" 40 minutes and was told it would be addressed within 48 hours. I'm counting down the time -- just called Rogers to follow up and now it's over an hour wait time to speak to someone. It would be helpful if there are so many of us experiencing this problem if they'd post an update on the website.   My husband was able to log in to his email maybe twice today and he is trying to run his business.  Unacceptable!

I'm a Senior Contributor

@multiheather and @Rawhead

Having the same issue with the timeouts. I seem to stay logged in for 2-3 hours at a time before getting a session timed out message. I was told by rogers that they were making improvements to their service by moving to the members centre login. Funny how every single time rogers makes improvements, they only mess things up. What a nuisance.

I'm Here A Lot

I cannot access my mail account through IOS devices (apple's mail app) as the new password prompt won't accept or won't validate me.  I've changed my password twice, tried deleting the account (now all my contacts are gone too!).  Anyone find a solution to this?

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @Rawhead,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I can definitely understand how the browser intermittently logging you out can be a nuisance. We have received reports of some customers experiencing this issue. In some cases, clearing the cookies and cache on your browser resolved it. Have you already tried that? If so and the issue persist, please reach out to us via private message @CommunityHelps, so we can escalate a ticket.

Our private messenger is explained in this blog.

Regards,

RogersCilio

I'm Here A Lot

I've tried live chat (never connects), twitter (1 reply in 36 hours) and i am on hold for tech support. I cannot access my mail and to do so via a web browser requires logging in EVERY time.  What is the solution?

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersCilio Ok, I will try this, but based on what I've been reading from others, I'm not holding out much hope and how often would I need to do this in order to correct the problem? Not sounding like a permanent fix.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@Rawhead Nope! I have been hearing this solution for the last 10 years or more from rogers whenever there is a browser or Internet issue. "Clear your cache and cookies". It seldoms resolves a thing. Just another mess rogers has gotten itself into and we customers pay the price. 

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersCilio Yeah, still timing out after deleting cookies and emptying cache, which is what I expected. I'll open a ticket and cross fingers for a fix.

I Plan to Stick Around

Outlook for Android has stopped working..looking for guidance to get up and running

I am using Outlook for Android on my S7 Edge and have been for a while..up until yesterday the app seems to have failed on me.  I have cleared cache, data, uninstall/install, etc, but no luck.  The issue I am constantly having is that when I go to add my Rogers email account I am getting to a Yahoo sign in screen and my password is not being accepted when it is the correct one.  Once I input the password I get the "new and easy way to access your Rogers Yahoo e-mail account" screen and when I put in the password I get the floating lines and not able to proceed..

Thanks