Rogers Internet Service sucks in 2014.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Internet Service sucks in 2014.

Your downstream signal levels are too high, although the signal to noise ratios are ok, and the upstream signal levels are too low.  Time to call tech support to get a tech out to your home to have a look at the cabling coming in from the street and the connectors as well. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Perfect, well that's a good start. Thanks for the support.

I've Been Here Awhile

Well update, Rogers came out and fixed the issue. Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, the first time I called tech support the guy told me everything was fine and the trouble is not on their end. The second guy, however, looked and instantly said the same thing, that the levels were too weak coming into the house and got someone out next day.

Would that all the tech support team had the knowledge the forum experts have. 

Thanks for the assistance! Cheers

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can you post the downstream and upstream data again just to see how the signal levels turned out?

I've Been Around

I'm trying to figure out how to get an over payment back from Rogers after moving from Ottawa to a rural community ;however, Bell (Better) satellite TV gives me all the high def channels for no extra cost and without the need for an extra box such as Rogers demands. Anyway, the overall price of a comparable internet, TV bundle through Bell is about the same as Rogers and believe it or not, I've had far fewer problems with the Bell service to date than I had with Rogers cable systems. I had Rogers for over 25 years going back to the Ottawa McLean Hunter transition years. I'm no fan of either service but for a solid choice I would pick Bell although Bell is tougher to deal with from a customer point of view.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

It still sucks in 2015. I will be back in 2016 to mention that it still sucks