Rogers Internet - Complete Ripoff

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Re: Rogers Internet - Complete Ripoff

@Marg1

The $32.99 is for the Internet 5 package with the $8.00 modem. That is available to anyone who wants it, not just for "new customers". If you call in and ask if you can get it, you'll probably be told yes unless you have an existing promotion that would prevent you from doing so.

I Plan to Stick Around

@lockdown2341 wrote:

@Marg1

The $32.99 is for the Internet 5 package with the $8.00 modem. That is available to anyone who wants it, not just for "new customers". If you call in and ask if you can get it, you'll probably be told yes unless you have an existing promotion that would prevent you from doing so.

Thank you for your reply. If I got a new moden would I have to reset it and put new internet access into it! Also would I be better off to buy the new modom rather than rent it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Depending on which modem you have, you may be able to use it already for the new plan.
IF its too old you may not be able to.. there are changes in the newer ones to help prevent network congestion, etc.
(if you posted which modem you have, we could probably tell you).

Not sure if they actually SELL the modems anymore though 😞

MOSTLY the reasons why, is that every plan ABOVE the starteer one, all INCLUDE the modem rental in the pricing.
(Pricing wise, they are about the same as the ones before where you had to pay the rental ontop, so really its pretty much a FREE rental)

I Plan to Stick Around

I have been doing more checking, I would need a new modem and my 25GB progam is lite and the other 25GB program offered is ultra lite. The next one up has more than I need and the price is only for the first three months.  I'm happy with the one I have, but I think it's too expensive!  Thank you for your help it's much appreciated. 

@Gdkitty wrote:

Depending on which modem you have, you may be able to use it already for the new plan.
IF its too old you may not be able to.. there are changes in the newer ones to help prevent network congestion, etc.

MOSTLY the reasons why, is that every plan ABOVE the starteer one, all INCLUDE the modem rental in the pricing.
(Pricing wise, they are about the same as the ones before where you had to pay the rental ontop, so really its pretty much a FREE rental)

@Gdkitty wrote:

@Gdkitty wrote: