cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers IPv6 Status

foodgodessto
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I'm wondering what the current IPv6 status is within Rogers.  A search on the forums only shows 10 topics over the past year that even mention IPv6, and there doesn't appear to be any official communications from Rogers since IPv6 day last year.

I know that Rogers (supposedly) supports IPv6 tunneling (although the only person to ask about it did not get any responses).

602 REPLIES 602

Re: Rogers IPv6 Status

gw280
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm seeing intermittent packet loss on IPv6 only. Is this a known issue?

gcerullo
I Plan to Stick Around

Raji, is the prefix changing regularly? If it was I one time thing I wouldn't worry about it and chock it up to a one-time event.

As for the WAN IPv6 address, I don't have a Netgear router but the router I do have does show the WAN address. You may need to contact Netgear for an answer to that one or find a netgear user community to find out what the story is about that.

gw280
I Plan to Stick Around

Here's a smokeping from the last 3 hours showing significant packet loss. This is to Google over IPv6 (2607:f8b0:400b:80b::200e):

Googlev6_last_10800.png

JKnott
I Plan to Stick Around

"While we do use Dynamic DHCP, as far as I'm aware, the prefixes in IPv6 shouldn't change. "

In my experience, the IPv4 DHCP address rarely changed, but the host name never changed, unless the hardware was changed as it was based on the modem and firewall MAC addresses.  Does the same apply to the IPv6 host name?  I don't see anything like a MAC address within my current IPv6 host name.

Datalink
Resident Expert

@gw280 I haven't seen your graph yet as the mods haven't approved it, but, have a look at my post #73 on the following page:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/page/8/thread-...

Perhaps what you are seeing will make more sense after reading thru the post.