Rogers IPv6 Status

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers IPv6 Status

Did I setup ipv6 correctly?  None of the ipv6 test websites are detecting that I have ipv6 enabled, even though I am being issued an ipv4 and ipv6 address.  These are my settings; I have enabled ipv6 with prefix delegation on my router (cable modem is in bridge mode):

1.jpg

This is what it looks like, fully configured and running:

2.jpg

Should I select a different option from the IPv6 service type, instead of 'DHCPv6 with Prefix Delegation'?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@user-v5 Are you on the CODA-4582 or are you using one of the models from the CGN series?

I've Been Here Awhile

I am using a CGN3 in bridge mode.  And so, am setting up those ipv6 configuration options on my router.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@user-v5 here's a reference post for IPV6 settings:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/367...

Ok, so, try this:

IPv6 Service Type:  Native IPv6 from ISP

Prefix Length:  /64 or /56   /56 is supported now.  By now all of the CMTS equipment should be ready for this.  If you try it and it doesn't work, switch to a /64

Request PD Only:  Enabled

Accept RA from:  WAN      I believe this is correct but don't quote me on this one

I'm a Reliable Contributor

The settings from your router seems fine you should be getting an IPv6 address even with DHCPv6 w/ Prefix Delegation. I'm assuming that you ran an IPv6 test on this site http://ipv6-test.com/ while you are connected to your router? Also, did you reset the modem in order to to enable IPv6? If you did and I would reccomend rebooting the router. You should also try selecting Native IPv6 address from ISP if the above doesn't work.

I've Been Here Awhile

The CGN3 settings fine. Either native ipv6 or dhcp6 delegation can be selected on the router behind the CGN3. So the question is what type of router you have behind the CGN3?

Network Architect
Network Architect

Aside from that, the CGN3 will need to be factory reset at least once in order for the modem to pick-up the IPv6 configuration.

Dave

I've Been Around

Hi Dave,

I'm having an issue.

CGN3AC Modem
4.5.8.27 firmware
Case #C119642714 spoke to Peter.

The issue is when I power cycle the modem, I get an IPv6 address. When the lease expires 7 days later, it sits there expired on 'searching....'. if I manually within the 7 days lease release/renew, it does the same thing.

Ever seen that before?

Rogers support just told me, "replace the modem".
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

On the Gateway have you tried change the DHCP Lease time to "Forever"

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Basherdurch this might be a CMTS issue instead of a modem issue.   Unfortunately Dave is rather busy these days.  He would need your modem's MAC address via private message to check the CMTS parameters and files.  If you did go ahead and swap the modem and ended up with the same result, my bet would be some issue with the CMTS which Dave or one of his co-workers would have to check. 

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.