Rogers IPv6 Status

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
howi
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers IPv6 Status

DaveM,

Thanks for your reply. But like some others have mentioned, it is not the case EVEN after factory reset. The IPv6 with Bridge Mode using another gateway router has been working for me for a while here. I also look forward to seeing the Hitron gateway modems we are using can do DHCPv6 without bridging.

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

Can someone with a CGN3ACSMR running the latest 4.5.8.16 firmware put your Modem into Gateway Mode and confirm they are getting an ipv6 address? I don't wanna swap my modem if I don't have too. 

howi
I Plan to Stick Around

gp-se,

Greetings. Like you and some others with the same setup COULD NOT get the IPv6 related GATEWAY functions with the qualified modem gateways even AFTER factory reset - both via GUI and hard button.

I can confirm with you the Hitron CGN3ACSMR with firmware version 4.5.8.16 that I am using will NOT get IPv6 related features in Gateway Mode, but work in Bridge Mode with a separate router, even after factory reset at this moment.

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

That is my result as well, so I wont waste time swapping the modem. Hopefully they release the firmware update soon.

RogersDave
Retired Support
Retired Support

ge-se, howi,

This is not the intended scenario obviously. Our engineering teams will look into this specific problem and try to identify if these are isolated cases or not.

Rest assured that all reports of issues being posted in this thread are thoroughly investigated.

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

Thank you Dave

I noticed once my CMTS was changed to Casa harware from Cisco hardware that even after a factory reset it wont download the full firmware after a reset. Before If I did a Factroy Reset the modem would take about 5mins to boot up fully, with the Downstream light flashing for a long time, this I assume was the Modem downloading the firmware\configuration. Lately even after a factory reset it will boot up fast, as if bypassing that step. So perhaps this issue is isolated to areas running the new Casa Hardware.

gw280
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on a CGN3ROG (4.2.4.6 firmware) bridged to an EdgeRouter and I'm not getting any IPv6 connectivity in either bridge mode or gateway mode. I've factory reset the CGN3ROG.

dhcp6c on my router is showing the following error:

Apr/28/2016 23:27:42: client6_recvadvert: advertise contains NoAddrsAvail status

If I change it to only request a prefix and not a non-temporary address as well:

Apr/28/2016 23:35:22: update_ia: status code for PD-1: no prefixes

So it appears that there's a dhcpv6 server that it's communicating with, but it's not configured to delegate any addresses or prefixes.

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

Another update: I called in to change my plan just now, from 100u to 250u. My modem rebooted when they pushed the 250u configuration\provision file, however still no ipv6! I even logged back in and did the factory reset, same results.

So in Gateway Mode we aren't getting ipv6 here, even if the Rogers end pushes a configuration\provision file.

Don't know if this is isolated to the CGN3ACSMR, Casa CMTS Hardware, or a combination of both?

VivienM
I'm an Advisor

@davem wrote:

I am pleased to announce that 100 percent of Rogers' broadband network has been fully deployed to support IPv6 dual stack connectivity.

Thanks for confirming that. 

My parents in NB with a CGN3ACSMR and a bridged RT-AC56U have native IPv6. 

I can't seem to get an IPv6 address on my FreeBSD router here in Toronto, but I'll presume that's my equipment/software's fault and get to work on troubleshooting it...

RogersDave
Retired Support
Retired Support

@gw280 wrote:

I'm on a CGN3ROG (4.2.4.6 firmware) bridged to an EdgeRouter and I'm not getting any IPv6 connectivity in either bridge mode or gateway mode. I've factory reset the CGN3ROG.

dhcp6c on my router is showing the following error:

Apr/28/2016 23:27:42: client6_recvadvert: advertise contains NoAddrsAvail status

If I change it to only request a prefix and not a non-temporary address as well:

Apr/28/2016 23:35:22: update_ia: status code for PD-1: no prefixes

So it appears that there's a dhcpv6 server that it's communicating with, but it's not configured to delegate any addresses or prefixes.

You are right gw280, this sounds like a DHCPv6 affecting your area. Our teams will look into it tomorrow.