cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers IPv6 Status

foodgodessto
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I'm wondering what the current IPv6 status is within Rogers.  A search on the forums only shows 10 topics over the past year that even mention IPv6, and there doesn't appear to be any official communications from Rogers since IPv6 day last year.

I know that Rogers (supposedly) supports IPv6 tunneling (although the only person to ask about it did not get any responses).

602 REPLIES 602

Re: Rogers IPv6 Status

Datalink
Resident Expert

If you're looking for info on 6rd or 6to4, you won't find any as Rogers decommissioned those services on May 18th 2017:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-IPv6-Status/m-p/392435#M44807

JKnott
I Plan to Stick Around

@OAB27 wrote:

Hi JKnott, 

Thanks for the response.  

I have having issues with Linksys router.   Seems the Parental controls are sporadic.  Sometimes, may work, most of the time it won't.  So I contacted Linksys.   To stabilize the internet blocking on the connected devices, they suggested to try the following (See link below):

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=138022

Although, I have the router in Automatic mode and IPv6 enabled.  They suggested that it might solve the issue.  I reached out to them again and asked to confirm it was the right link.  

Your thoughts on the above would be most appreciated 

To use IPv6 on Rogers, the router has to support DHCPv6-PD.  The "PD" stands for Prefix Delegation, which is how Rogers pushes your prefix to your local network.  If that Linksys doesn't support it, you'll have to get another one that does.  Those instructions, in the link, appear to imply manual configuration.

For my firewall, I use pfSense, on a computer, which supports DHCPv6-PD.

coolspot
I Plan to Stick Around
I have IPv6 working with pfSense, but my IPv6 address dropps from time to time.

I'm on Rogers Gigabit - is dropping IPv6 addresses a known issue?

I also have a DSL line for backup, and that IPv6 address is rock solid.

Thanks.

JKnott
I Plan to Stick Around

@coolspot wrote:
I have IPv6 working with pfSense, but my IPv6 address dropps from time to time.

I'm on Rogers Gigabit - is dropping IPv6 addresses a known issue?

I also have a DSL line for backup, and that IPv6 address is rock solid.

Thanks.

I have Ignite 60 and don't have problems with IPv6 dropping.  It's quite solid.  I'm also running pfSense.

lobotiger
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi everyone.  Just connected my Rogers Ignite 150u service and put the modem in bridge mode and followed the suggestions on here for getting ipv6 working on my pfsense.  Just one question about the prefix delegation.  Should I be getting a /56 assigned to me as it appears that I'm only seeing a /64 assignment on my LAN interface.  On the WAN interface I put 56 as the prefix size but when I check the status of the interface for my LAN it shows the assigned prefix to be a /64.