Rogers IPv6 Status

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers IPv6 Status

@lethalsniper, when you run the test at ipv6-test.com, what are the missing elements from the test?

As far as the XBox goes, when you drill down into the network details on the XBox, does it show both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses?  In terms of which path its using, IVP4, IPV6 or Teredo Tunnelling, that question should be asked on an XBox forum.  I suspect that the answer will be that no one knows.  The XBox decides what path it wants to use based on some criteria that assesses each path.  That criteria doesn't appear to be publicly available, at least not from what I've seen so far.  If you do find an answer to that, please post it in this forum.  I'm sure that other XBox users have the same question in mind. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Datalink wrote:

As far as the XBox goes, when you drill down into the network details on the XBox, does it show both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses? 

In my experience, the XBox network details are unreialble - I get no sign of IPv6 connectivity in the network settings, but visiting ipv6-test.com from Edge on XBox gives 19/20.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@djubre this should show the XBox One's IP address:

http://setuprouter.com/find-xbox-one-ip-address/

I'd be interested in knowing if it displays both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses.  Its kind of a sad statement that the XBox's network details, as viewed from within the XBox are unreliable.

I'm Here A Lot

@Datalink wrote:

@djubre this should show the XBox One's IP address:

http://setuprouter.com/find-xbox-one-ip-address/

I'd be interested in knowing if it displays both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses.  Its kind of a sad statement that the XBox's network details, as viewed from within the XBox are unreliable.

Yes, that is where I was looking, and there is only IPv4 on that screen. Spent way too much time trying to debug why there is no IPv6 on XBox, then in desperation went to a test page with Edge, and what do you know...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hmm, so it has an IPV6 address, just doesn't show it.  Seems like a bit of an oversight, personal opinion,

I Plan to Stick Around

@JKnott wrote:

It appears I'm now getting IPv6 on my phone, but not yet with tethering.

I now see I'm only getting an IPv6 address, no IPv4.  However, I am able to access IPv4 sites, so at least some of 464XLAT is working.  However, tethered devices can only reach IPv4 sites.  When will they be able to get IPv6?

I'm Here A Lot

I wonder if there would be something like Prefix Delegation over LTE too.

Which would be very nice too see.

I Plan to Stick Around

@HeavyMetal wrote:

I wonder if there would be something like Prefix Delegation over LTE too.

Which would be very nice too see.

As I understand it, a /64 is provided as part of 464XLAT.

464XLAT -- A Solution for Providing IPv4 Services Over and IPv6-only Network

Network Architect
Network Architect

@JKnott wrote:

@JKnott wrote:

I now see I'm only getting an IPv6 address, no IPv4.  However, I am able to access IPv4 sites, so at least some of 464XLAT is working.  However, tethered devices can only reach IPv4 sites.  When will they be able to get IPv6?

@JKnott,

We do support IPv6 for tethered devices at the network level (when the device established a bearer on the ltedata.apn for tethering, we provide both IPv4 and IPv6). Support of IPv6 for tethered devices is however not widespread and some devices support it correctly while some others don't.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave wrote:

@JKnott wrote:

@JKnott wrote:

@JKnott,

We do support IPv6 for tethered devices at the network level (when the device established a bearer on the ltedata.apn for tethering, we provide both IPv4 and IPv6). Support of IPv6 for tethered devices is however not widespread and some devices support it correctly while some others don't.

I have a Google Nexus 5 and the APN is "ltemobile.apn".  Should I change that to ltedata?

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.