Rogers IPv6 Status

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers IPv6 Status

Nothing there. Please try attachment again.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Strange, I can see it even when not logged in. Anyhow:

In WAN Setup

Enable IPv6 is checked.

WAN Connection Type is DHCPv6

check "Get IPv6 prefix delegation"

check "Get IPv6 DNS Server Automatically"

In LAN Setup:

IPv6 Address Assign Type is SLAAC

HTH..

I Plan to Stick Around

Wow....The Archer C2 settings that finally work are different.....I am now at 19/20. Thanks to all for the help!

ipv6 wan.JPG

ipv6 Lan.JPG

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hey guys, quick question: I have an Apple Laptop, on the ipv6 test I get 19/20. However my Desktop Windows 10 PC will only get 16/20. What setting in Windows Firewall do I need to change to get 19/20 on the Wondows 10 desktop?

I Plan to Stick Around

@gp-se wrote:

Hey guys, quick question: I have an Apple Laptop, on the ipv6 test I get 19/20. However my Desktop Windows 10 PC will only get 16/20. What setting in Windows Firewall do I need to change to get 19/20 on the Wondows 10 desktop?

What are you missing to get that score?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ICMP is being filtered through my firewall (Windows 10 built in firewall)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gp-se, use the following Microsoft Technet guide to create an IPV6 inbound rule for your Windows 10 firewall:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/keep-secure/create-an-inbound-icmp-rule

Create the rule for IPV6 only.  Do not do the same for IPV4.  

When that is done, reboot the pc.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

awesome, I followed that guide and it worked perfect!

I'm a Regular

when i run a ipv6 test on my pc i,m getting 16/20 , on my iphone when running a ipv6 test i,m getting 19/20 now what i want to knw is  how do i know when im  gaming online on the xbox one that its using ipv6 or ipv4 

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes, if I briefly disconnect my firewall/router from the modem, my prefix will change.  I thought the DUID was supposed to prevent that.

tnx jk

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.