Rogers IPv6 Status

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers IPv6 Status

That requires a password, which I can't pass with that command.  If it was a linux box, I'd be able to set up passwordless ssh, using a key pair.  pfSense seems to want an X.509 certificate for that.  The ssh -f option, which is normally used for proving a password doesn't seem to work.

I Plan to Stick Around

OK. This is going off topic. You may get better help over at the pfSense forum.

For ssh key authentication, I just paste my id_rsa.pub into SSH Authorized Keys in System-> User Manager.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have been using the tcpdump capture in pfSense and downloading to my computer for Wireshark.  It's tedious, but works.  It's clearly showing a new address each time I disconnect/reconnect.  However, though I'm not certain, pfSense appears to be requesting a bogus address "ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:40:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00" in the solicit.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi there,

I've been reading this thread and was wondering if the cgn3acr (v4.2.8.12) was getting the update. The same issue of not having ipv6 in gateway mode is still an issue with my modem.

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

That modem in gateway mode is garbage.  My suggestion is to get a separate firewall/router that supports dhcpv6-pd.  I'm running pfSense, which does.

Network Architect
Network Architect

FM-Neo,

This modem supports IPv6 but not on the version of firmware you are currently running. If you want IPv6, you can follow the instruction in the port post of this thread in order to request to be part of the firmware trial.

After the firmware upgrade on your modem is completed, you will need to perform a factory reset and IPv6 will be enabled on your modem.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi RogersDave

Any idea when more than 1 /64 prefix will be available?  Also, when will IPv6 be availalble on the cell network?

tnx jk

Network Architect
Network Architect

@JKnott wrote:

Hi RogersDave

Any idea when more than 1 /64 prefix will be available?  Also, when will IPv6 be availalble on the cell network?

tnx jk

JKnott,

I can’t provide specific dates as schedules are constantly changing but I can tell you that we are working on this sequence at the moment:

1. Dual-Stack on cellular
  2. IPv6 enablement on all supported cable modems (currently a one-time factory reset is needed, this would enable all remaining devices)
  3. IPv6-only (using 464XLAT translation for IPv4 service) on certain mobile devices
  4. Larger prefix delegation for cable modems (up to /54)

Items 2 and 3 may occur in a reverse order.

Stay tuned however because things are moving faster than you may think....

I Plan to Stick Around

I trust you'll annnounce the changes here.

tnx agn

I Plan to Stick Around

RogersDave wrote:

JKnott,

I can’t provide specific dates as schedules are constantly changing but I can tell you that we are working on this sequence at the moment:

1. Dual-Stack on cellular
  2. IPv6 enablement on all supported cable modems (currently a one-time factory reset is needed, this would enable all remaining devices)
  3. IPv6-only (using 464XLAT translation for IPv4 service) on certain mobile devices
  4. Larger prefix delegation for cable modems (up to /54)

Items 2 and 3 may occur in a reverse order.

Stay tuned however because things are moving faster than you may think....

I really hope this happens at a much quicker pace and these steps don't have to happen in sequental order so that this service is actually usable on the wired side of the house. Hey, let's do a half baked roll out and still not fix the long standing issue with protocol 41 traffic that no other provider has. I'm happy to hear that the wireless side is close and you'll be using 464XLAT + NAT64.