Rogers IPv6 Status

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Network Architect
Network Architect

Re: Rogers IPv6 Status with CGN3

@howi wrote:

Moreover, if it uses the manual settings with the v4 resolvers, the gateway would not work with the IPv6 routing as well. As soon as I turn DNS settings back to auto, routing is back to normal.

Thanks @howi, I was able to replicate this and have flagged it accordingly.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers IPv6 Status

@gp-se wrote:

On firmware 4.5.8.20 you can set the guest network account up in the GUI, so no more USB sticks, or calling Rogers to set it up. They also let you select 40Mhz or 20Mhz Channel Width on the 2.4Ghz Network, however 99% of people should leave it on 20Mhz. You can Google why selecting 40Mhz on 2.4Ghz is a bad idea.

@gp-se,

1. I've noticed that Guest access toggle but it only works if using the auto DNS settings. 

2. Yeah, widening the bandwidth for 802.11n in the 2.4GHz band may not be the magic bullet in certain enviroments.

Network Architect
Network Architect

@sapphirus wrote:

I'm unable to access the IPv6 internet from within my lan; routing halts after the 3rd hop. @RogersDave

traceroute to ipv6.google.com (2607:f8b0:400b:80b::200e), 30 hops max, 80 byte packets
1 2607:fea8:8c1f:****:****:****:****:**** (2607:fea8:8c1f:****:****:****:****:****) 10.287 ms 10.267 ms 10.261 ms
2 2607:f798:804:****::1 (2607:f798:804:****::1) 12.338 ms 19.966 ms 20.183 ms
3 2607:f798:10:980f:**:****:****:**** (2607:f798:10:980f:**:****:****:****) 28.204 ms 35.387 ms 35.740 ms
4 * * *
5 * * *
6 * * *
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 * * *

Thanks @sapphirus, this is a regionalized issue. I have raised it for resolution. I will provide an update once it is corrected.

I Plan to Stick Around

48 hrs later still no .20 update. Can I request it being pushed out to my modem via CommunityHelps PM? Just curious. Thanks.

Highlighted
Network Architect
Network Architect

@Vikentieff wrote:

48 hrs later still no .20 update. Can I request it being pushed out to my modem via CommunityHelps PM? Just curious. Thanks.

The deployment of 4.5.8.20 on the CGN3ACSMR Rocket Wi-Fi modem has not officially started yet. A very limited number of users have received it as part of troubleshooting and testing of reported issues.

Please stand by for a few more days while we address the issues that have been reported to us up to this point and work on the deployment of this new firmware.

I Plan to Stick Around

^^ This is rather confusing as I just saw my router update and reboot... I now have .20. Does it mean it all has been fixed or another patch is coming?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Nope, that will be it.  You could run another factory reset, but what you have now is .20

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm guessing another update will come out soon, to address the manual entry of an ipv6 DNS.

Also can Rogers get rid of the easy setup assistant, or atleast an option to skip it and allow manual setup? I actually like having my Gateway having a default name rather than me giving it a name. (Rogers 2xxx9-5G) 

I Plan to Stick Around

@gp-se

Haha I've got into frustration when I was so hyped up to check the things out after the reset but forgot the Login password has also been changed during the "guided" set up! LOL 

I Plan to Stick Around

@JKnott,

In my observations with the 4.5.8.20 release, the Guest WiFi Access feature creates a different block of IP address range for the guests with internet access. As for whether or not, it's indeed a VLAN allow access among the guests, I haven't determined. It's strange to allow that happen anyway.

However, one thing I don't prefer is losing the Manual DNS resolver entries, it must use Auto with the default Rogers DNS resolvers. I think it's because the guest password must be entered for granting the access via the GUI.

Perhaps @RogersDave and others could fill in more details about this one...