Rogers IPv6 Status

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers IPv6 Status

Hello,

I'm wondering what the current IPv6 status is within Rogers.  A search on the forums only shows 10 topics over the past year that even mention IPv6, and there doesn't appear to be any official communications from Rogers since IPv6 day last year.

I know that Rogers (supposedly) supports IPv6 tunneling (although the only person to ask about it did not get any responses).

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers IPv6 Status

This is pretty much it, so far.

http://ipv6.rogers.com/

Pretty much, they only support the tunneling, so far.  I think most of the newer D3 gateway will support IPv6, but have not yet been rolled out yet.

I Plan to Stick Around

Can anyone from Rogers comment on: 

a) http://ipv6.rogers.com - this seems like it's been down for a while?

b) Does 6rd still work (even if unsupported)? 

c) Is Rogers getting any closer to native dual stack (a la Comcast 2 years ago). 

Before anyone else comments: my reasons for wanting IPv6 are my own, I'm well aware what it is, and no I don't care if you erroneuously think that it's "not important yet". 😜

I'm an Advisor

Can't help with your question, but the link you provided is no longer working. Maybe there's a connection (no pun intended) between that and your question.

I Plan to Stick Around

My net is laggy tonight, youtube and other streaming sites are really struggling to load. Even this site has worked faster before.  Now I notice my ipv6 status says no connvection, and I swear it had it before.  Is there a link between that and my slow connection tonight?  How can I check it and fix it?

I Plan to Stick Around

Same problem over here....

cutting in and out ALLLLLL day yesterday, and looks like its doing it today as well.

Does any one know if changing the DNS will help?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Worth a shot, but not guaranteed.

A DNS change, will only change time/speed on an initial lookup/connection to something.  If a session of something is already established, etc.. would not cause it to cut out in the middle, etc.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I changed it to 208.67.222.222

So far its holding with no cut outs...

Is it safe to leave it, or should I change it back later on?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats your choice.

You do not HAVE to use the rogers DNS servers, if you so choose not to.

Currently, all the DHCP clients in my house.. the phones, and one laptop, all use the rogers DNS servers, as its alot less critical on them for me.
Any device that has a STATIC address (which is just about everything else), all use the google DNS servers.. and i have been using them for well over a year now, no issues.

Network Architect
Network Architect

To answer the OT question regarding IPv6 deployment, it is in progress. In order to launch the service, multiple systems have to be upgraded first and this takes time.

Efforts are curently underway to launch IPv6 for wireless subscribers first (on newest LTE devices) and then followed by cable subsribers but there should be a lot of activity in this space in 2014.