Rogers IGNITE Internet has arrived!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers IGNITE Internet has arrived!

Wow, so I switch from my Acanac unlimited Internet to the Rogers Ignite 250, thinking Rogers had upgraded their Customer Service, and learned their lessons of the past, but alas, this is not the case.

The service was setup, and attached to my Busines plan cell phone, but I cannot setup the included Shomi, or NHL packs that come free with the service because my Internet is attached to a Business account (this was not told to me when they asked if I wanted to have one login to MyRogers).

I attempted now for the past 2 weeks to get this sorted out through their Live Chat, only to be advised that I have to call into their centre to sort it out.  Why have online assistance options if they cannot sort out these issues?  I frankly have no time to sit on the phone explaining to multiple people how this issue should be a no-brainer.  I then receive an e-mail how to setup my included services of Shomi and NHL, so, I proceed to create a new account for this on MyRogers, only to go through the process and have it report back they are having technical difficulties and cannot add this account right now?

Luckily, I am not in any binding contract for this!  The Internet isn't that fast (I tested the highest I got was 120mbps) and this entire experience has been less than stellar, it is very clear that Rogers is still not up to the challenge of actually providing both service and support to earn my $.

Ugh, now I will have to spend the time cancelling the service, and re-connecting at another provider, no wonder people are "cutting the cord".

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers IGNITE Internet has arrived!

cutting the cord has to deal with TV, not anything internet Smiley Tongue they are still using landline internet.

SPEED issues.. there are quite a number on here, with the 150 or 250 plans, and are able to get the full speeds.. so there MAY be some other factors in it.

We would need to know a little more about your setup to really see.
Which modem are you using?
How are you connecting to it?  Wired, WIreless, what type of cards in the end devices, etc.

I agree though, other than TINY little things, live chat i have found to be less than stellar sometimes.
Phone wise, i have found at least when i call, i get through pretty quick and have had them able to make the changes pretty quick.

Suprisingly, i made my last change via TWITTER.. contacted them, and through DM's, they were able to change my package around.

You could try PMing one of the mods on here.. i know they have changed some of the login stuff around for some users in the past, they may be able to fix that for you.

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hi @Dlucas905 , welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience. Smiley Sad

I’d like to help. I’m going to have someone reach out to you in Private Message, please check our Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks!

RogersMichaelB

I Plan to Stick Around

The sad thing about this, is I still cannot add my internet to my 'MyRogers' account, apparently, weeks later, they are still having technical issues?  And the online chat was zero help.

Almost a month later, no shomi, no NHL....poor service, and no real resolution, unless I make a telephone call, and explain it to a ton of different people.

I will probably cancel it, the speed issue is fine, it's nothing spectacular.  Looks like my reasons for cancelling Rogers services so many years ago, have not changed.

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hi @Dlucas905 ,

I’m sorry to hear you are still having issues. :smileysad:

Our community helps had reached out to you but didn’t get a reply. I can have someone reach back out to you again?

Please check your envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Thank you!