Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

I have recently setup a Hitron CODA-4582 router and in my setup I have assigned 4 fixed IP addresses for things like a copier and a printer and a NAS. The problem is that although they are connected, they do not show up on the  the connected devices list. Any ides why?

I Plan to Stick Around

I was under the impression that since i have RFoG I would essential get perfect signal strength because the coax only goes from my modem to the converter.
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMoinwrote:

Hello, @TECHHEAD

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. The current production firmware is 2.0.10.33T3 and the modems should get updated during the regular maintenance window.

If your modem is not getting updated then please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can request the latest firmware push to your modem.  Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Thank You for pushing the updated firmware.

There seems to be a noticeable difference in my speed now, on both wired and wireless connections.

Is there a reason why my modem never received the update?

I've Been Here Awhile

Capture.JPG

I've Been Here Awhile

I only got 100+Mbps for the Ignite 500u service,  and the signal level (SNR) seen at the modem seem decent...wondering if the issue is at my end or maybe account configuration. Any ideas?

I Plan to Stick Around

the signal strength is too high. +/- 10 is the limits to warrant a service call from what I understand. I would have a service tech visit the home. You could also check for loose connections at all coax cable ends.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fmf132 wrote:

I only got 100+Mbps for the Ignite 500u service,  and the signal level (SNR) seen at the modem seem decent...wondering if the issue is at my end or maybe account configuration. Any ideas?

@fmf132 

I agree with @Hucklebury the signal is coming in a little too hot. I would call Tech support and explain the speed issues, asking them to check the signal level... most likely a tech visit will be required. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for all the great advise here, really think it is a great place to communicate about this.  What would be numbers that would fall within ranges on the 1Gb links these days?  I did notice some articles but they also seem to contradict each other.

I read that anything between -10 and +10 would be acceptable but that seems to be contradicted by what we see in the numbers produced in this thread.

I do not want to burden Rogers unnecessary but I also feel that throughput at 60% of what is promised might be something to call them about.  What has happened in the past is that they put a slew of connectors and splitters or whatever the non-technical term is on my lines and frankly the demarq looks like a minefield.  At one time I had a power brick installed and another tech unplugged it so there seems to be inconsistency from Rogers as well.

I've Been Here Awhile

Tech guy came to install the modem and check the line, and provision everything for me...installed the new modem and tested the line as well, said all good and no issues, and I should be able to get 500Mbps DL. That was yesterday...won't he knew what the proper signal level need to be with his fancy gadget and equipment hook up to the coax cable line in?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fmf132 he certainly should.  Was the tech a contractor tech or a Rogers Tech?  That does make a difference.  

What speeds are you seeing now?  When you run the speedtest, use the www.speedtest.net Toronto or Montreal Rogers servers.  

What are you connecting and how are you connecting to the modem?  PC or laptop or other? Wired or Wifi?