Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@netprice2high call tech support and advise the Customer Service Rep that you only have one upstream channel running, yes, there should be three upstream channels.  Ask the CSR to run a signal check on the modem.  It will fail automatically due to the single upload channel situation.  

The CSR should arrange for a tech visit at your convenience.  

I would remove the attenuator if it indicates 3 or 6 db.  A 9 db attenuator removal would probably result in signal levels that are too high.  The attenuator should be probably be removed altogether as the original signal levels will change when the tech addresses the cable and/or connector issue that is causing the single channel situation. 

The purple download indicator (it should be magenta) indicates that the modem is using DOCSIS 3.1 on the download side.  The upload side is still DOCSIS 3.0.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you so much @Datalink. I will contact support.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

just one more question, I went back to check my older screenshot folders and found that when I first plugged the modem in, it showed 3 upstream channels. Then after I changed it to Bridge mode, upstream reduced to 1 channel. It shouldn't matter which mode I put it in right?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Correct.  It won't matter which mode the modem is running, Gateway or Bridge.  You should still see three upload channels.  If you flipped the modem into Gateway mode, the reboot would temporarily resolve the issue and you would probably see three upload channels running.  But, some time later, probably not too long after the mode change, you would be back to a steady state single upload channel mode.  A modem reboot will temporarily resolve the issue, but it won't fix the underlying problem.  Only a tech visit will, or should result in fixing the ongoing problem.  If the CSR asks you to reboot the modem and then declares victory when three upload channels appear, thats just kicking the can down the road for the next CSR to handle.  That's not a solution to the problem.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink wrote:

If the CSR asks you to reboot the modem and then declares victory when three upload channels appear, thats just kicking the can down the road for the next CSR to handle.  That's not a solution to the problem.  

That's what I'm afraid of. I think it's very likely that's what they will say. lol.

Thanks you again.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink wrote:

@netprice2high call tech support and advise the Customer Service Rep that you only have one upstream channel running, yes, there should be three upstream channels.  Ask the CSR to run a signal check on the modem.  It will fail automatically due to the single upload channel situation.  

The CSR should arrange for a tech visit at your convenience.  

I would remove the attenuator if it indicates 3 or 6 db.  A 9 db attenuator removal would probably result in signal levels that are too high.  The attenuator should be probably be removed altogether as the original signal levels will change when the tech addresses the cable and/or connector issue that is causing the single channel situation. 

The purple download indicator (it should be magenta) indicates that the modem is using DOCSIS 3.1 on the download side.  The upload side is still DOCSIS 3.0.

So I thought I'd removed the attenuator before calling CS, it is marked as being a -9 one. But the signals didn't jump up as high as I thought they would. Some of them are very close to the optimal 0, and some are even AT 0. 😮 I never had any channel at perfect 0 before.

I have been monitoring it everyday since I removed it a few days ago and I haven't had the upstream channels dropping to only 1 channel again. I did have a disconnect one day randomly but only once. Also my upstream light is now blue instead of green. Today the firmware got updated, 2.0.10.36T4 now, will see how the new versions works.

compared to http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Hitron-CODA-4582-Hardware/m-p/428282/highlight/...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have a CODA-4582U modem with firmware version 2.0.10.36T4 and get the error message "Only allow DHCP client to use this wireless" on a regular basis when trying to access the Guest SSID. It's incredibly inconsistent - sometimes it allows my Windows laptop on and sometimes not. Same thing with my iPhone, but it never allows my wife's Android phone or tablet on. What do I do? 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MoJones I don't know if there is anything that you can do with or to the modem to solve this issue.  This keeps coming up and there hasn't been any solutions offered to date.  I don't know if the engineering staff has this on the hit list for problem investigations.  I suspect that if you're really looking for better Guest capabilities, then, sorry to say this, but buying a router might be the path to take. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

A few days ago I was told to swap our CODA-4582. Is there any way to force a firmware update? The modem is on .28T2 and I've tried rebooting and power cycling the modem a few times over the last couple of days.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sdgdgsdgsds call tech support and ask the Customer Service Rep to put your modem on the overnight update list.  I don't think that they can force an update on demand.  

Also, copy the modems HFC Mac address from the STATUS page that shows up when you log into the modem.  Send that to @CommunityHelps.  That is the group address for the moderators.  Follow that link to the public page for @CommunityHelps.  On the right hand side is a link to "Send this user a private message".  Follow that link to the message composition page.  Fill in the title and details and hit the send message link on the bottom right. 

In that message you can request one of two actions.  The first is to check the modem's HFC MAC address against the protected modem list.  That list is used to prevent modem updates for Trial version modems.  Sometimes a modem may be returned that was running Trial Firmware.  That modem should be removed from the protected list if that's the case, but, there is the odd occasion where that doesn't happen and the modem is sent back out again.   It won't update on its own when its returned to service.  That's pretty rare.  You can request the mods to check your modem's MAC address against the list and remove it from the list.

The other possibility here is to ask to be included in the Trial Firmware program, if you so choose.  That will result in your modem being loaded with the latest trial version firmware.  That firmware undergoes initial testing by the engineering staff prior to release to the trial group.  If all goes will, in about 6 weeks to 2 months, that version is released to the network as the latest production firmware version.   Your modem will be kept on the protected list to prevent inadvertent roll backs to the current network firmware, but, it will also be included in the Trial Firmware Version list, where those modems will be updated to the most recent Trial Version when its pushed out by the engineering staff. 

When a response is sent to your message, you will see a number overlaying your avatar in the upper right hand corner when you're logged into the forum.  That avatar servers as a link to your profile and message inbox and outbox.  Follow that avatar link down to your message inbox to respond to any incoming messages.  

You can send anyone in the forum a message by selecting or double clicking on their name, which serves as a link to their public page.  On the right will be the same "Send this user a private message link" to take you to the message composition page.