Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@rwgs password length is far more important anyway, as is the mechanism that the password is generated. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rwgs this has been changed in firmware version 2.0.10.29   That has been superseded by follow-on trial versions, so, when one of the trial versions is approved as the next production version and released across the network, give your mixed passphrases another try. 

I've Been Here Awhile

How do I get on the trial?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rwgs to request the trial firmware follow this link @CommunityHelps to navigate to the @CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum. On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message". Use that link to navigate to the next message composition page.  It will already be addressed.  

1.  Fill in the title with CODA-4582 Trial Firmware Request.
  2.  In the text area, include your request, including the modem MAC address and Serial number. The modem MAC address and serial number can be found on the sticker at the back of the modem, or copied from the data located in the Status page of the modem when you are logged into the modem.

Send that info to @CommunityHelps and you should see a reply later today or tomorrow.

When you're logged into the forum, watch for a number overlaying your avatar at the upper right hand corner. Follow the avatar link down to the message inbox to acknowledge the waiver that is required for the trial firmware.  When that is acknowledged, you should see the firmware loaded later today or tomorrow.  When you know that the firmware has been loaded, reboot or restart the modem.  Don't run a factory reset as that will return the modem back to 2.0.10.28T2

On the other hand, if you find that the trial version is causing problems with your particular use of the modem, running a factory reset will result in the modem reverting back to the current production firmware version on the network followed by a reboot back into Gateway mode.  You would have to reset the modem parameters once again unless you had previously created a backup file for that firmware version.  That would allow you to start setting up the modem for the basic parameters only, then reload the backup file and reboot the modem to complete the backup file reload.  

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there a difference between CODA-4582 and CODA-4582U? Is this just an updated model?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The 'U" indicated an unbranded modem.  So, no Rogers corporate branding.  Other than that, its the same modem. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. I will do that when I get home today. I find that with the new modem I keep on losing wifi connectivity and have to reboot my modem when it happens.
Rebooting should not revert me back to the current firmware, would it?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No, it will maintain it current firmware version.  Remind me later today to post further instructions to look at your wifi signals and possibly change some of the wifi settings.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. Will do that when I get home.
I Plan to Stick Around

I am home now in case you want me to look at the wifi signals and settings