Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@lukevan, to request the trial firmware follow this link @CommunityHelps to navigate to the @CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to navigate to the next message composition page.  It will already be addressed. 

1.  Fill in the title with CODA-4582 Trial Firmware Request.
2.  In the text area, include your request, including the modem MAC address and Serial number. The modem MAC address and serial number can be found on the sticker at the back of the modem, or copied from the data located in the Status page of the modem when you are logged into the modem.

Send that info to @CommunityHelps and you should see a reply later today.

When you're logged into the forum, watch for a number overlaying your avatar at the upper right hand corner. Follow the avatar link down to the message inbox to acknowledge the waiver that is required for the trial firmware.  When that is acknowledged, you should see the firmware loaded later today or tomorrow.  When you know that the firmware has been loaded, reboot or restart the modem.  Don't run a factory reset as that will return the modem back to the latest production firmware which is what your modem is currently running. 

On the other hand, if you find that the modem reboot issue comes up, and you're not satisfied with the trial version performance, running a factory reset will result in returning to the latest production firmware version.  You could then send a message to @CommunityHelps to remove your modem from the trials list.

If that version solves the slow data rate issue, please let me know.  If you're ok with the modem's performance and wish to stay on the trials list, you don't have to do anything.  The modem will be updated to the latest trial versions as they become available.  Usually, within a month to two months, the trial version is released as the latest production version unless of course something comes up during the trial period that requires further firmware changes. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks. I've made the request and I will report back with results.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thank you.  You can use the same message system to send a message to anyone on the forum.  Simply click on their name to go to their public page when you're logged into the forum.  Same approach, "send this user a private message".  Fill in the details and hit send......

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink wrote:
If you're ok with the modem's performance and wish to stay on the trials list, you don't have to do anything.  The modem will be updated to the latest trial versions as they become available.

So in case you reset the modem and it reverted to production FW, next time the trial FW gets new build, it will be auto updated again to that release?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, the next trial build should be loaded at some point in the future. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am noticing substantial bufferbloat issues using the CODA-4582 and latest prod firmware.

Simply running a ping google.ca will spike to 2000ms latency if I run fast.com test at the same time.

This happens with the router in bridge mode connected via an R7000 router, both with the latest stock Netgear firmware or custom (asuswrt) it also happens with a Windows or Linux PC connected directly to the modem, still in bridge mode. I have run the ping on one machine and the fast.com test on another and I've also done the regular in-browser (thus on the same machine) test from DSLreports.

So I've tried multiple devices, and multiple network topologies. I went as far as using an old PC as a Linux-based router, and configuring network shaping. At best I can get to a "B-grade" bufferbloat - around 300ms spikes, with a reduction in overall bandwidth via that router.

Is it worth requesting trial firmware? Is there anything in the pipe that may fix this?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@daveinsurgent

You can find in this thread a bit what changes were made over time to trial FW. From your reply, you are the best equipped answering your own questions. We'll be waiting for your comments on this complemented by graphs and screenshots. They will also help FW team if properly documented.

I've Been Here Awhile

CODA-4582 wireless password character restriction

Hi, have just got a new 4582 router but cannot set a wireless password with special characters.  This worked before on the old CGN3 router, but not on this one.

Why is this restriction in place? how do i get rid of it???

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rwgs wrote:

CODA-4582 wireless password character restriction

Hi, have just got a new 4582 router but cannot set a wireless password with special characters.  This worked before on the old CGN3 router, but not on this one.

Why is this restriction in place? how do i get rid of it???

@rwgs

I believe this is a firmware limitation, there is no way to get rid of it unless Rogers changes the firmware.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

well that's infuriating. Has nobody else reported this? it's been out for almost a year no?

with all the requests by rogers themselves telling you to make your password secure, what were they smoking when they thought this would be a good idea??