Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hucklebury
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

looking at the chart....Channel 151-159 has the highest max output. would this be better channels to use for better signal strength?

RogersDave
Retired Support
Retired Support

@Hucklebury wrote:

looking at the chart....Channel 151-159 has the highest max output. would this be better channels to use for better signal strength?

The entire upper channel band (149 to 161) is what result in the best range. Although 151-159 have higher transmission power, the antenna is less effective so the net result is still 30 dBm (1W) across 149-161.

Hucklebury
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks for the info. I have been trying to get the max signal from 5GHz on my Asus router connected to the Coda Modem. My 2.4GHz seems to peak a lot higher than 5GHz according to my wifi analyzer.

wongnog
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi all, I'm running the test firmware 2.0.10.31 on my modem, and had a question about disabling IPv6 connectivity. Under the Basic --> Gateway Function tab, I have Router Mode = IPv4 (not IPv6 or Dual). However when I go to the DNS tab, I tried to manually enter only IPv4 DNS1 and DNS2, but I get an error message "Please enter DNS information!" if I leave IPv6 DNS1 and DNS2 blank.  Since I have turned off IPv6, why do I need to enter the IPv6 DNS addresses?  If I want to manually enter the Rogers IPv6 DNS servers, what are they?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wongnog, under the BASIC .... DNS settings, change the DNS Obtain from Auto to Manual.  That will change the layout of the page and show the IPV4 and IPV6 manual DNS entry windows.  I have .31 running as well, in Gateway mode, and only have the IPV4 DNS addresses entered.  The IPV6 entries are empty.  I can't remember if I actually filled those when I had IPV6 running as well.  

The Rogers IPV6 DNS addresses are:  

Primary IPv6 DNS:

2607:f798:18:10:0:640:7125:5204

Secondary IPv6 DNS:

2607:f798:18:10:0:640:7125:5198

Just for trial purposes, I entered those into the IPV6  DNS entry windows and they were accepted even though the modem is running in IPV4 mode only. 

wongnog
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Datalink, I have the same configuration as you. My router has Gateway Function enabled (i.e. not in Bridge mode), with only IPv4 enabled.  However the router won't let me leave the IPv6 DNS entries blank!  What happens when you try removing the IPv6 entries you just supplied?  Do you get:

[ERROR] - Please input the DNS infomation !

(which by the way, contains a spelling mistake!) 

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I get the same error message, but, just checked, my modem is in Dual mode for testing.  Forgot about that, sorry :(.  

You could simply kick the modem into Dual mode, input both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses, and then kick the modem back into IPV4 mode.  I'll have to look at this later on, don't have time at the moment. 

immodi
I've Been Around

Has there been any fixes with this modem? I'm on my 6th Hitron modem in the past month with the same issue mentioned earlier. After a short period of high speed internet access, the modem stops handing out IP addresses to all my devices (Macbooks, PCs, Android phones, iPhones). Sometimes a reset fixes the issue, temporarily, but then back to square one. The temporary fix is setting static IPs on the devices, but this would obviously have its shortcomings. All I have been told by tech support is to get a new modem.

Is there a fix in the works, or already available?

Help would be much appreciated!

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@immodi wrote:

Has there been any fixes with this modem? I'm on my 6th Hitron modem in the past month with the same issue mentioned earlier. After a short period of high speed internet access, the modem stops handing out IP addresses to all my devices (Macbooks, PCs, Android phones, iPhones). Sometimes a reset fixes the issue, temporarily, but then back to square one. The temporary fix is setting static IPs on the devices, but this would obviously have its shortcomings. All I have been told by tech support is to get a new modem.

Is there a fix in the works, or already available?

Help would be much appreciated!

@immodi

I wouldn't swap anymore modems, this seems like a software/configuration issue, rather than a hardware issue. What settings on the gateway have you changed? I would suggest factory reset the gateway to factory defaults, run the initial setup where it ask you to name the wireless network, and set a password. Then run like that for a week and see if the problem goes away. Don't log in to the modem to make any changes, keep it as default as you can for a week to see if it's a configuration issue.

danielct
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Everyone,

I'm having throughput issues after forming ipsec tunnel over the CODA-4582 @ 2.0.10.27 firmware. We have a 1Gb service and with the laptop directly to modem (bridge mode), we get anywhere between 300-700 Mbps depending on the time of the day from speedtest & rogers test.

After putting the Cisco ASA behind the modem and tunnelling all traffic back to HeadOffice, we only get 30-50 Mbps download. I've tested at different points in our network and there are no issues or bottleneck.

My question is are we affected by the "bug" Verizon support acknowledged there was issue with Hitron modems with ipsec as per the link  below? Rogers support via phone wasn't able to help much insisting if laptop-> modem is throughput is good, it's your equipment.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/IPSec-traffic-shaping-on-Hitron-modems/td-p/3184011

Dear Virgin Media Customers,

please be advised that Hitron Modems while working in bridge mode do not process IPSec traffic properly.

It is a known bug and it has been already submitted to the producer of firmware to resolve.

VirginMedia support may not be aware of this.

I have been made aware today that another renown IT Service provider had this very same issue. 

Virgin Media Business should notify it's customers about this and let us know when the matter is resolved by the team in Amsterdam.