Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 6,107

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@Hucklebury your signal levels are ok from what I can see.  There is a roll off in the 700 Mhz range, so, the signal levels have a slightly larger range than I would like to see in the DOCSIS 3.0 Downstream side, but, they're well within spec.  The Signal to Noise ratios are all fine.  The upstream is a little higher than I would expect with DOCSIS 3.1 running, but, once again, well within spec.  The DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM section, I can't say at this time as I don't know if the user interface problem with incorrect data display has been addressed.  I'll have to confirm that with Dave. 



I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 72

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Thank you
Please let me know what Dave has to say
Greatly appreciated
I've Been Around
Posts: 1

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Using Windows 10, can't connect to ipv4 websites. Ipv4 connectivity says no internet access. Ipv6 says Internet. All of a sudden I can't use the internet, only a few pages work such as google, Facebook, YouTube. I've called tech support 3 times with no help, Exchanged the modem this morning but the problem still persists and the tech wants me to exchange for yet another one!

I've tried uninstalling my network, switching from wireless to wired, and reinstalling the drivers, flushing dns,

Tried network reset, as well as all the suggestions from windows 10 connection issues...still nothing. Problem also happens when I connect to the WiFi network with my mobile phone

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 28

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Hi, I just got an upgrade to my internet package. I also got the new “Gigabit” modem. When I installed everything, I have 2 channels now. One is 2.4G and the other is 5G. I know that the 5G option gets better speed. I tested this with some speed tests. However, on my WIFI devices with the 5G option, I usually only get 4 out of 5 bars for signal strength. On the 2.4G option, I always get 5 out of 5 bars for signal strength. Not sure how the signal strength plays a factor in how fast the internet speed is. My question is this. Should I continue to use the 5G connection with weaker signal strength or use the 2.4G connection with full signal strength? By the way, I don’t have both turned on at the same time. Right now, I have the 2.4G option turned off on my router settings. Thanks for the help. Jim

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 72

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

I can suggest to use an app on your device,,, a wifi analyzer to see which channels are mostly being used. for 5 GHz you can try to set the channel at 149 if you want to run 2.4 GHz at the same time set it to auto.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 1,074

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@James_Greene


@James_Greene wrote:

Hi, I just got an upgrade to my internet package. I also got the new “Gigabit” modem. When I installed everything, I have 2 channels now. One is 2.4G and the other is 5G. I know that the 5G option gets better speed. I tested this with some speed tests. However, on my WIFI devices with the 5G option, I usually only get 4 out of 5 bars for signal strength. On the 2.4G option, I always get 5 out of 5 bars for signal strength. Not sure how the signal strength plays a factor in how fast the internet speed is. My question is this. Should I continue to use the 5G connection with weaker signal strength or use the 2.4G connection with full signal strength? By the way, I don’t have both turned on at the same time. Right now, I have the 2.4G option turned off on my router settings. Thanks for the help. Jim


Always use 5Ghz when possible, 2.4Ghz is VERY congested, so speeds will be lower even though signal strength is higher. 

 



Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 28

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware


@gp-se wrote:

@James_Greene


@James_Greene wrote:

Hi, I just got an upgrade to my internet package. I also got the new “Gigabit” modem. When I installed everything, I have 2 channels now. One is 2.4G and the other is 5G. I know that the 5G option gets better speed. I tested this with some speed tests. However, on my WIFI devices with the 5G option, I usually only get 4 out of 5 bars for signal strength. On the 2.4G option, I always get 5 out of 5 bars for signal strength. Not sure how the signal strength plays a factor in how fast the internet speed is. My question is this. Should I continue to use the 5G connection with weaker signal strength or use the 2.4G connection with full signal strength? By the way, I don’t have both turned on at the same time. Right now, I have the 2.4G option turned off on my router settings. Thanks for the help. Jim


Always use 5Ghz when possible, 2.4Ghz is VERY congested, so speeds will be lower even though signal strength is higher. 

 


Thanks for the response.  I'll stick with 5G for now.  

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 28

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware


@Hucklebury wrote:

I can suggest to use an app on your device,,, a wifi analyzer to see which channels are mostly being used. for 5 GHz you can try to set the channel at 149 if you want to run 2.4 GHz at the same time set it to auto.


Thanks for the suggestion.  I was only planning on running one or the other.  At this rate, I'll stick with 5G.  I jus wasn't sure if the decrease in signal strength was going to affect my speed.

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 72

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

The higher channels on 5G will give you a stronger signal. That's why I suggested ch. 149
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 1,074

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware


@James_Greene wrote:

@Hucklebury wrote:

I can suggest to use an app on your device,,, a wifi analyzer to see which channels are mostly being used. for 5 GHz you can try to set the channel at 149 if you want to run 2.4 GHz at the same time set it to auto.


Thanks for the suggestion.  I was only planning on running one or the other.  At this rate, I'll stick with 5G.  I jus wasn't sure if the decrease in signal strength was going to affect my speed.


On the Gateway keep with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz running, because not all devices support 5Ghz, some older or cheaper/basic devices only support 2.4Ghz. However any device that supports both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, always choose 5Ghz. 

 

Also as @Hucklebury mentioned, on the gateway for 5Ghz set the channel to 149-165, don't use the lower channels (36-48)

 

You want to use the higher channels on 5Ghz because they transmit at proper signal levels, the lower channels (36-48) transmit very weak on the gateway.