Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@RogersDave said in a previous post '' not until Summer'' so we kind of assumed it will be around summer time.

I'm Here A Lot

Since they asked me to turn off v6, I can only assume, their VPN is IPv4 only. So I turned off IPv6, set it to only v4, entered the VPN DNS's and rebooted.  No luck. My current CGN2-ROG at work handles this, as does my tablet, and just like my old home Motorola SB5101 did. Any recommendations for working CODA-4582 VPN solutions?

I Plan to Stick Around

Router

Not saying this is a rogers issue but I need some help anyway.
I have the CODA 4582 modem with a AsusRT-N66U router and I'm getting an error message on the Asus saying "The WAN IP is not the external IP. External IP-based services will not work ". As simple as possible in laymans terms could someone explain to me what this means ? And how I can fix this. PLEASE remember SIMPLE. Much thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@carlb wrote:

Router

Not saying this is a rogers issue but I need some help anyway.
I have the CODA 4582 modem with a AsusRT-N66U router and I'm getting an error message on the Asus saying "The WAN IP is not the external IP. External IP-based services will not work ". As simple as possible in laymans terms could someone explain to me what this means ? And how I can fix this. PLEASE remember SIMPLE. Much thanks.

@carlb Did you put the CODA Modem into bridge mode? 

Unplug the ASUS Router, then plug the computer directly into the CODA Modem. Power on your computer, open a web browser and goto: 192.168.1.1, log in to the CODA Modem. User name is: cusadmin, password is your wifi password. 

Once in, on the top select the menu for "Basic" settings, once there the option "Residential Gateway Function" should be set to disabled.

reboot the modem, once the modem is powered up, plug the ASUS Router "WAN" port to one of the 4 ports on the CODA. Power up the ASUS, connect your computers to the ASUS. 

If you can't log in to the CODA or don't feel comfortable, you can call Rogers Tech Support and ask them to put the CODA into bridge mode.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

We just upgraded our modem (currently with Ignite 250). I briefly read your comments but I wasn't able to find a solution to issues I currently have with 4582.

I too have this various wifi speed.. range from 45mbps to 80mbps. But I get around 50mbps most of the time... no near close to 250. 

The biggest concern is with network cables that are hardwired throughout the house.. 

When I first setup the modem, none of wired connection were working (we have 3) .. then it started to work magically the next day.

Then after few hours, none of 3 connections are working altogether all of a sudden... 1 is connected to a PC, 1 to PS4 and 1 to smart TV... I don't see any lights flashing either end of units..

I unplugged, rebooted and reset the router.. also rebooted all 3 devices but nothing helped.. 

Then I grabbed a short CAT5 cable and plugged right into my laptop.. and that WORKED.. which tells me the length of the cable may cause this issue?? 

your help is greatly appreciated.. thank you!

I Plan to Stick Around

I just found out that there are different type of cables?? I will have to check the type of cable when I go home tonight..

I used to have ignite 100U and upgraded to 250U past weekend and that's when I received the new modem..

I assume maybe my cable is not compatible with 250gbps??

but how come it worked for few hours then stopped.??

I'm confused.. and hope someone here can answer my questions.. thanks!!

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same issue just signed up with Rogers 150/15and the only way we can get close to the speed they promise is with a 2 foot cable. When hard wired to Bell modem I get full speed though the house when I hard wired to the Coda it drops to 40. And WIFI is horrible. My bell hub 1000 is providing a signal through the house but not the Coda. I had 2 techs and called service and they have not been able to resolve it. I really want to take advantage of the promo but so far been dealing with a lot of issues.
I Plan to Stick Around

Get yourself a router to solve all the problems
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I think that's what I'll do.
I Plan to Stick Around

is this only work around? get a router?