Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Network Architect
Network Architect

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

@Phonepeople wrote:

HI, 
I have a few questions 

1- How do i update my firmware ? I am on 2.0.10.26T2 firmware now.

2- What characters can be included in the password for the wifi security. 

3- TO confirm : To change the guestpassword or turn off the guest mode I have to reset the modem. Am I correct?

Thanks 

@Phonepeople,

1. Firmware 2.0.10.26T2 is the last public firmware. We do have firmware 2.0.10.27 available to the Firmware Trial Program participants. You can register to this program by sending a private message to @CommunityHelps including your modem MAC address and serial number.

2. This is a very complex question and it depends what version of firmware you are on. I believe 26T2 and 27 only allow '_' and '-' to be used as special character. We have this one high on the priority list but not sure if it will make it for the next test version (.28) or not

3. No you can change the password for the guest network and disable/re-enable it through the GUI without rebooting. However, I believe that when you make a change to that configuration, the WiFi resets so you will temporarily be disconnected from the modem if you were connected over WiFi.

@NAH_9 wrote:

Can someone confirm what should be the default setting for Hitron firewall settings?  I'm seeing the IPv4 as minimun but the IPv6 as customer with ICMP as allow.  Is that expected per the default settings?

@NAH_9,

IPv6 requires ICMP for proper end to end operation which is why it is enabled by default in the firewall so everything is normal.

@David161 wrote:

As I stated, I am on firmware 2.0.10.27 and the issue has NOT been resolved. That's why I said I have the modem without the black dot in case that made a difference. Already tried disconnecting the power to do a proper reset but again no difference. It only affects the guest network so it's not a priority, but, when a friend comes over it would be nice if it was working.

@David161, I updated the issue list. It seems that the guest network issues are not fully resolved in 2.0.10.27. It has been reported to Hitron.

@lupinglade wrote:

Are these downstream SnR readings okay? I am getting upstream udp packet loss while gaming, its driving me crazy. Does anything here look bad? We have a -5 attenuator on the line as well. Single black dot 4582.

@lupinglade, as I told you via private message, my best recommendation at this point is for you to join the firmware trial program. Once you are on firmware 2.0.10.27, I can investigate further if you still have issues.

Dave

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I just switch to Hitron CODA and I found out I have two SSID's, one has a faster Max Speed at 1733.4Mbps which I cannot access, while the other one which I am using now is clocking only as of the moment at 450Mbps. Can you please explain to me why I cannot access the faster SSID? Thanx and hoping for your quick response.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The CODA has two SSID's. One is 5Ghz the other is 2.4Ghz. Depending on the capabilities of your devices you should always choose 5Ghz over 2.4Ghz. 2.4Ghz is very congested and limited to 300mb/s. 5Ghz is less congested and supports upto 1300mb/s. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is the down arrow on the coda suppose to light up cyan (purple) if it is DOCSIS 3.1 ??
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The downstream arrow is supposed to be cyan, looks to me like a light blue if the modem is running DOCSIS 3.1 downstream.  You can confirm that by logging into the modem and navigating to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN page.  You will see one channel in the downstream OFDM section is active if DOCSIS 3.1 downstream is running, or, both channels will show inactive if DOCSIS 3.0 downstream is running.  The upstream is still using DOCSIS 3.0 until sometime later this year. 

I've Been Here Awhile

So this is what I see, is DOCSIS 3.1 running ?

OFDM Downstream Overview
ReceiverFFT typeSubcarr 0 Frequency(MHz)PLC lockedNCP lockedMDC1 lockedPLC power(dBmv)
0NANANONONONA
14K275600000YESYESYES-4.000000
Upstream Overview
Port IDFrequency (MHz)ModulationSignal strength (dBmV)Channel IDBandwidth
138595433ATDMA - 64QAM42.00033200000
230596000ATDMA - 64QAM38.75016400000
323700000ATDMA - 64QAM38.75026400000
OFDM/OFDMA Overview
Channel IndexStatelin Digital AttDigital AttBW (sc's*fft)Report PowerReport Power1_6FFT Size
0DISABLED0.50000.00000.0000-inf-1.00004K
1DISABLED0.50000.00000.0000-inf-1.00004K
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes.

I'm Here A Lot

So I can't seem to play any video games at all, I get disconects, or ruber banding every 20 -30 seconds. Does not matter which game. I've tran a dslreports test  and I score anywhere from an F to a D. Never got higher. I've noticed specificly that the bufferbloat bar on upload mimics my disconects and rubberbanding in game. on download the bufferbloat reaches 1000ms and I reach 300-500ms on upload.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've finally determined why I'm getting less than 1/2 the speed I'm supposed to on a gigabit plan. The length of cat 5e or cat 6 cable slows the speed to half in my home. If I connect the computer directly into the coda modem with a 3 foot cat 5e or cat 6 cable I get dowload speeds in the 900+ range. When I connect the same computer with 30 foot plus cable my speeds drop. 

I've tried many different cables and I keep getting the same results. 

Is there any reason this is happening? This entire time I've believed it was a firmware issue (and it may still be) but this doesn't make sense to me. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

I'm a Senior Advisor

You can expect loss over distance on any level of cable.

From https://customcable.ca/cat5-vs-cat6/

Cat 5e can maintain Gbs at around 50 metres (or to 164 feet).

Cat 6 can maintain Gbs at around 100 metres (or to 328 feet).

There are other things than can impact speed thought - crosstalk, but I don't think that would be an issue for you, it is not like a corporate setting with many cables running through conduits.

Cables should never run parallel with power cables, as it will create interference. Cables can cross at right angles over power cables, but avoid any place where they may be parallel. Florescent lights and motors can also interfere with signal strength.  

A 30 foot cable should not make any differences, unless you are getting inerference from somewhere.  Other possibilities is a pinch in the cable, do you have it hung and if so, are you using wide twist ties, or velcro hangers to avoid any crimping of the cabling, and the quality of the jacks on either end.

In my experience it would be odd to see that great a loss in signal over only 30 feet.  If you are approaching 50 metres or around 150feet, which you don't suggest that you are, you would begin to see degredation on cat 5e, and you are no where near the length that  should impact it.

I would first consider whether you have any electrical cable close to the cords that are running parallel and coul be interfering, running parallel to your power cabling for the computer, switches, or your surge protection cords, or other electrical cords from other devices along the run.

Like I said, it is odd to have loss over the lengths you are describing.  Only crimped cabling, poor jack connectors, or power line or motor interference could account for this loss in my experience.

Bruce