Did you mean: 

Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Double_K
I'm a reliable contributor
2,050 REPLIES 2,050

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@PapaL Can you login to the modem and goto the firewall, make sure ipv4 and ipv6 are both set to minimum. 

tester2013
I plan to stick around

After a week of perfect uptime (maybe a few reboots here and there) I am back at it again...constant unplugging of the modem to reboot and bring it back that lasts another 3 hours before it needs another reboot. Every 3 hours I need to reboot the modem. The 8th tech to my house (senior tech) seemed to have resolved the issue last week only to have it back to the same issue. He came in today again (9th tech to my house, changed the modem 5 times) the same senior tech and did all the testings. He called in to tech support and it seems that they have issue from their server side and told me it could take upto 48 hours to resolve the issue.

Since the beginning of signing up (about 8 weeks ago); I have never had consistent service at all. I guess this may be the last chance until I am done with Rogers, if they cant get their **it together. 

I was with Bell before switching and never had issues at all, although I was on a 50mbps fibe pacakage.

99bobster99
I plan to stick around

@yyzsam  When using the direct IP address for Google, same issue, stalls for about (3) seconds before starting to paint the screen with the website. So, it is a little bit faster then before. Do you guys think it is a DNS server issue?? I am on the 10mb/sec upload package, that should not limit the connect time? I ran a speed test and I am getting the full 120mb/sec download and between 9-10mb/sec upload??

@gp-se my ipv4 firewall is set to min but ipv6 is set to custom ? can that be causing disconnects and its also blocking p2p ?

So yesterday I noticed my CODA-4582 was updated to firmware 2.0.10.24 but now the issue is I am only getting 200Mbps max download and upload is fine 50Mbps+ in bridge mode connected to Asus RT-N66U, anyone else having this issue?  

I have always been in bridge mode connected to this router and prior to the firmware upgrade I was getting 800Mbps+ download.

Disabling bridge mode solves the problem but on the older firmware my bridge speeds were fine.

markopas
I plan to stick around

@PapaL wrote:

I hope someone can help me with this problem.  I’ve gone through some of the pages for the Community forums but can’t find an answer.

Rogers advised us to exchange our old modem for the Hitron CODA-4582 and since then we’ve had nothing but problems.  We’ve got them pretty well sorted out, with 4 calls to Rogers Tech Support, one of who was good, the others so-so. 

Now a new problem has cropped up with one of one son’s X Box 1 using WiFi and having a NAT of strict.  He never had this problem with the old modem.  I’ve gone on Google and read the various steps from http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution

Step 1: check out the actual Xbox.  Did that

Step 2: are you using a modem or gateway.  I assumed a gateway, with the CODA-4582:  “A gateway is essentially a modem & router combined into one device   “

Step 3: public or private IP address?  It’s private per the modem info.  Is it the same as your CP’s IP address?  Nope, so go to step 4.

Step 4: Have your ISP (Rogers) give you a public IP address.  Not going to happen per Rogers Tech Support.

We do have a Linksys WRT 160N Router but disconnected it when we got the CODA-4582.

So my question is, “How do I get the NAT to open?”  I’m not a techie so please dumb down your reply so I can follow it.  Thanks

Aren't all IP's public unless you have a home network setup using a different network infrastructure.

You can find your Rogers IP one of two ways - log in to the CODA modem and find it there on the main page or got to google and type in whatsmyip and hit enter and it will reveal your public IP address.

markopas
I plan to stick around

@lbrasi83 wrote:

So yesterday I noticed my CODA-4582 was updated to firmware 2.0.10.24 but now the issue is I am only getting 200Mbps max download and upload is fine 50Mbps+ in bridge mode connected to Asus RT-N66U, anyone else having this issue?  

I have always been in bridge mode connected to this router and prior to the firmware upgrade I was getting 800Mbps+ download.

Disabling bridge mode solves the problem but on the older firmware my bridge speeds were fine.

Have you tried resetting the modem back to factory default and putting it back in to bridge mode?

@markopas wrote:

@lbrasi83 wrote:

Have you tried resetting the modem back to factory default and putting it back in to bridge mode?

Yes I have reset the modem to factory defaults and same issue.

@lethalsniper

@lethalsniper wrote:

@gp-se my ipv4 firewall is set to min but ipv6 is set to custom ? can that be causing disconnects and its also blocking p2p ?

It could be possible that it's causing your issues. I would set both ipv4 and ipv6 to minimum and test.

Why does IPv6 come setup as custom not minimum like IPv4 is that a glitch on the firmware .24 ? Because so far we haven't got disconnected from wireless 5G

99bobster99
I plan to stick around

Having issues with the OpenDNS server working on this .24 firmware update. Anyone else seeing the same?

99bobster99
I plan to stick around

Hello, figured it out ... looks like OpenDNS does not yet support IPV6. Since there is no way to turn IPV6 off in the modem, I'll have to disable IPV6 on the devices (not very secure, but will have to do for now).

@99bobster99 OpenDNS does service IPV6 DNS requests, but you have to use the specify OpenDNS's IPV6 DNS address in the modem.  I don't recall if V2.0.10.24 has an IPV6 DNS entry or not.  For some reason I don't remember seeing it, so I suspect that it doesn't at this point in time.  As a result, the modem will use Rogers DNS server.  You can get around that by specifying OpenDNS in the device for now.  In Windows pc's/laptops that's easy to do, not sure about phones or tablets.

Fwiw, OpenDNS does not filter DNS requests as it does for IPV4 addresses.  Thats been on OpenDNS's to do list for several years now. 

If you run an ipconfig/all command at a command prompt you should be able to see what IPV6 server is in use for the DNS requests. 

OpenDNS IPV6 servers:

2620:0:ccc::2
2620:0:ccd::2

Rogers IPV6 DNS

Primary IPv6 DNS:    

2607:f798:18:10:0:640:7125:5204

Secondary IPv6 DNS:    

2607:f798:18:10:0:640:7125:5198

@Datalink I was having issues with IPv6 firewall being on custom which I was always loosing 5g wireless connection on all devices until I changed the IPv6 firewall to minimum ? Is there reason for it to be setup as custom because just looking at it its blocking p2p when it's on custom

No clue. Its set as the default but I have no idea why Custom was selected and why the selected categories where enabled.  Maybe the default should be minimum instead of Custom?

Yea I don't know o have tried contacting @RogersDave about this issues but still he hasn't got back yet but for now I left IPv6 firewall on minimum and so far so good not dropping 5G

markopas
I plan to stick around

I dont know about you guys but my hitron firewall has always been set to minimum regardless if it came from the store that way or I factory reset it (and i've gone through about 5 modems so far).   @lethalsniper, are you sure you didnt accidently change this to custom?

No I haven't changed any settings I even factory reseted the coda modem and it still IPv6 firewall is set to custom

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersDave and others,

There are 2 issues I have been seeing with the .24 firmware and wanted others to comment if this has happened to them:

1) IP6 connections are being dropped on devices connected via the 5Ghz band.  I see from @lethalsniper that this may be firewall related and I will check my settings (I am using whatver is defaulted)

2) Connectivity is practically dead and looking at my modem stats, it appears that I lose the docsis 3.1 connection (i.e. channel 0 or channel 1) and no purple light when it happens. Power cycling the modem puts the connection right.

Has anyone else experienced any of the issues of #1 and #2 and can provide some guidence on how to resolve it?  I am willing to put this router into Bridge mode and purchase a third party router but not sure if that would fix the IP6 issues.  I am pretty sure it won't fix the connection problem and probably cause another bunch of issues with performance (if hardware acceleration is not enabled, etc.)

Thanks

elmirix
I plan to stick around

Did you guys notice the Internet Plans changed? Now is 1Gbps down and 30mbps up.

coder_1990
I plan to stick around

Yea I noticed, looks like maybe they added more download bandwidth with the reduction in upload speed since my download speeds are more consistently around 900mbps.. much closer to 1gbps. Anyone else notice the real world difference??Untitled.jpg