Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

No I didn't notice,               There is a way I can tell from stats page correct?   You know what I look for ? Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

@NLJ wrote:
That could just be chalked down to using a third part firmware on the router.

The point i try to reietrate is after every modem FW upgrade, we have to Factory Reset the Router FW as well .. Atleast that brought back the speeds in my case ... 

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave has sure been quite, over a week and nothing mentioned. Could be a good thing or bad but ether way I wish someone from Rogers would keep on top and let us know whats going on in this epic fail.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

@yyzsam wrote:

I've only noticed one missing channel (#6)  once since i got the CODA-4582 and soft reboots didn't bring it back. I had to do a hard reboot aka pull the power cord, after that it came back.

I'm very curious to find out what you consider to be a soft reboot vs a hard reboot? There are NO reboot buttons on the modem or power buttons. The only reboot you can do is pull the power cord for 10 seconds. Not to confuse a reboot with a factory reset. The reset hole in the modem will perform a reboot if just pressed for a short time. If the reset hole is pressed for a longer time (20-30 seconds) it will perform a factory reset and the wifi will have to be setup again, as well as any settings you have made to porst, etc.

Just wanted to clarify this for the readers.

I Plan to Stick Around

Pulling the cord isn't the ONLY option. There is a reboot button in the GUI. That's a "soft reboot". A "hard reboot" or "power cycle" is pulling the plug, or holding the power button down on a computer.

Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

OK, I was talking externally and there really shouldn't be a difference in that case as well. Glad that it did.

I Plan to Stick Around

In theory there shouldn't be but....

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Mayoo

2.4 Ghz has been an ongoing issue since I reported the bug to @RogersDave over a month ago. 

This was mentioned as follows:

2.4 GHz WiFi Degrades speed

There has been reports in the last few days that disabling 2.4 GHz WiFi can make a difference on the wired speeds observed (by 200-300 Mbps). I suspect that this occurs on modems that are impacted by interference (which we are working on a replacement program in the next 2-3 weeks) but want to be sure that there isn’t another underlying issue.

If you observe this behavior and are available to run some tests, let me know. I will be looking for a case where cable signal is within specification and there are no sign of interference on your modem.

I would suggest you contact @RogersDave so he can run some tests since you have the updated modem with the interference issue fix.

Hi @RogersDave

One thing that seems to be very evident about the CODA modems is need to reboot them every week or so.  One feature that might be a consideration would be to add the ability to schedule a modem reboot on the modem itself.

One of the Routers I have used was a Belkin model that had a "Self Healing" feature to schedule a reboot daily or weekly at a specific time.  Having used this feature, I can't remember the last time I had a issue with the Router.  Having this feature will definately help with the users who experience slow speeds and other issues that a simple reboot can fix.

I know your plate is full with testing, but this might be something to consider down the road as a feature request.  This functionality can also be included into other Hitron devices that could benefit from a reboot.

Thanks

Mahomed

Can't wait for @RogersDave to be back on forums, without him we are in the dark. Hopefully he will return soon.