Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

To make sure that his network is online and running the upload and download indicator lights should be blue. In some cases if your friend is connected to DOCSIS 3.1 the download indicator light would be purple and the upload indicator light would remain blue, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Additionally the indicator light should be solid green. This means that your friend is connected to the Internet. Other than that the rest of the indicator lights should be self-explanatory. 

Also, if you are connected to the modem via ethernet for the first time and get abysmal speeds, restart the computer and run another speed test. If you are still getting abysmal speeds then try restarting the modem.

If you can, also check the downstream and upstream signal strengths incase there is anything bottlenecking your friend's speeds. Normally the downstream signal stength should be between 10 dBmV and -10 dBmV. The upstream signal strengths should be between 35 and 52 dBmV. 

I Plan to Stick Around

So assuming both lights are blue, it means only DOCSIS 3.0 is available correct? Is that a bad thing?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You are correct, the modem is running in DOCSIS 3.0 mode at the present time.  If there are enough CODA-4582 modems connected to your CMTS at some point, Rogers will be able to enable DOCSIS 3.1 downstream in which case the downstream LED will show purple apparently.  DOCSIS 3.1 upstream is still under construction, as they say.  

I hope all Rogers footprint will be on DOCSIS 3.1 by the end of 2017.. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

I hope all Rogers footprint will be on DOCSIS 3.1 by the end of 2017.. 

I think it'll be much, much, much sooner than that... 

It seems that they've already conducted an extensive email campaign to get 500/gigabit users to swap their modems for the 4582; as @RogersDave explained it, getting enough of those folks away from D3.0 hardware is the prerequisite to reallocating capacity to D3.1...

I hope you're right, I am on 250 plan but everyone will benefit from DOCIS 3.1, especially us gamers with more than likely a better ping in online games.

What is considered the norm in terms of power cycling the CODA modem?  Should one do this every 2 weeks or longer?

Back when I had my own router and ran DD-WRT I never power cycled it and the unit worked just fine.  On some Belkin routers I have setup they have a feature called "Self Healing" which essentially schedules a reboot once a week.

What do you guys suggest?

I Plan to Stick Around

My problem with this new modem is that it looses connection every 3-4 hours. I can ping websites but i cannot surf the web or do anything else. I have to reboot it every time and it's becoming very unpractical. I am thinking of switching to another operator. Any suggestions?

I am on firmware 2.0.10.14

error i get is:

84020200 warning Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC= ;CMTS-MAC= ;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To power cycle the CODA modem or not?  An interesting question.  I didn't touch the CGN3ACSMR and it ran without any issues.  I'm assuming the same here unless I see poor performance over several days, weeks, or months.  I suspect that new firmware versions will result in power cycling or factory resets in the near future, so, for now, its a moot question I think. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Had to reboot my modem 3 times today because my internet would freeze or lose connection.

Rogers fix this issue or else im returning this modem.

Tired of dealing with this everyday now for 2 weeks and still no fix.