Double_K
I'm a reliable contributor
2,050 REPLIES 2,050

Re: Rogers Hitron CODA-4582 Hardware

Killacammy
I plan to stick around

@VivienM wrote:

@marco5566 wrote:

Spent over an hour with support for the same issue guys my port reverts to 100 from 1Gb, had my router in bridge mode if that helps. Support put router back in noraml mode and when the modem comes online after setup it changes your pc settings to 100 from 1GB.

Support was clueless about the problem and wanted me to exchange the modem.

I told support to escalate to engineer Team as this is not a hardware issue.

Rogers inform your staff about these forums so they dont waste customer time on the phone and exchanging hardware when the issues is software.

Are you also running the bundled Rogers Cat5E cable?

I remember back when the CGN3 launched, it felt ... sensitive... to cables. I am kinda wondering if maybe this thing is even more sensitive. Do you have anything fancier, e.g. Cat 6, around to test with?

(I am trying to understand why so many people are having problems while mine seems fine... and one thing I do note is that mine is using a new, short (2-3ft), coloured Monoprice Cat6 cable.)

(Yes, there would be something rather ironic if the gateway turned out to be allergic to the bundled Rogers cable...)

Im using the same cable you are (monoprice).  My speeds are under 400/12 consistently.

marco5566
I plan to stick around

I've changed cables no help, I put the modem back into bridge mode and now the ports at 1gb speed but my overall internet speed is slower then before stuck around 400mb. I will monitor this to see if my ports go back into 100mb, rogers needs to fix these issues before making these modems available to customers.

Poor part on Rogers like always.

@marco5566 wrote:

I've changed cables no help, I put the modem back into bridge mode and now the ports at 1gb speed but my overall internet speed is slower then before stuck around 400mb. I will monitor this to see if my ports go back into 100mb, rogers needs to fix these issues before making these modems available to customers.

Poor part on Rogers like always.

I suspect deployment of this thing was a little rushed because of the CGN3/Puma6/etc latency issues... but... 

This thing does seem to work just fine for some people (myself included, but I'm on the 250 plan). The best thing we can do is try to isolate for @RogersDave what's different about the people who are having problems... 

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

How do we disable the WMM(QOS) settings as it does not appear we can turn it off.  This alone would cause bottleneck issues.  I always turn this stuff off.

prateeck7
I plan to stick around

I am getting unsually inconsistent and high PING since I installed the new modem Rogers today.

With the previous modem, I would constantly hit 800+ Mbps and less that 15ms PING.

With the new one I get 10Mbps to 500Mbps with too much variation to the lower end. Also, I get 20ms couple of times and then 70ms+. This is all wired.

It is even worse on WIFI. I get 350ms+ PING. I have 2 computers set up wired. But I have plenty other devices like tablets and laptop wirelessly connected. It is impossible to open pages sometimes. Just keeps on 'connecting' with white blank.

With the new modem, I have noticed somthing different when testing the internet speed. During the speed the test gets stuck for 2-3 seconds (or more) for 5 or 6 times. I have never noticed this weird phenomena before. Even when loading pages: one moment it is stuck and does nothing, and next minute its just loads fast.

I have a tech coming from Rogers coming this Monday. I just wish I knew what is going on here beforehand. May be I could fix the issue myself if the issue is not big of a deal?

hukumuzuku
I've been here awhile

Can ipv6 be disabled on this modem ?

@hukumuzuku wrote:

Can ipv6 be disabled on this modem ?

IPv6 is disabled on this modem until January... 

hukumuzuku
I've been here awhile

I know, but when it is turned on next year I would like to know if it can be disabled. The 3552 I am using does not have that option so im running it in bridged mode for that reason.

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

@prateeck7 can you try setting your wifi settings for the 2.4 Ghz to wireless N only and see if that makes a difference for the tablets?

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around

Not bad. I'm running in bridge mode. Any tip to bring the ping down?

Sketch.png

jjunge
I plan to stick around

CODA-4582 - Can no longer access my NAS over the network - please help!

Hi Guys,

I switched to the CODA-4582 and I'm using it as my router as well instead of the D-Link I was using before. Since using this modem as the router, I can no longer access my NAS and I'm hoping someone can help - I assume there is something I can set to allow it to work. Here is what happens:

1) The configuration page at the IP of the NAS is fully accessible

2) If I open File Explorer and expand the 'Network' tab on the left, I see the NAS listed there

3) When I click on the NAS, Windows tells me the the device is not accessible. Similarly, when I try to configure my backup software, it sees the NAS but cannot access it.

I've tried placing the NAS in the DMZ and that didn't work. Any other ideas? Thanks alot 🙂

jjunge
I plan to stick around

Interesting the so many can run the CODA-4582 in bridge mode. I tried several times and my router will not get an IP from the CODA. I called tech support who consulted with a Level 2 tech and was advised there is a known issue with the new modem that is causing the LAN ports to shut off when the modem is bridged. I'm back to running it in gateway mode. Anyone else had this problem?

Double_K

@jjunge wrote:

Interesting the so many can run the CODA-4582 in bridge mode. I tried several times and my router will not get an IP from the CODA. I called tech support who consulted with a Level 2 tech and was advised there is a known issue with the new modem that is causing the LAN ports to shut off when the modem is bridged. I'm back to running it in gateway mode. Anyone else had this problem?

@jjunge  I run mine in bridge mode.  My personal router/firewall gets it's IP from the Rogers DHCP server.  I've verified that all 4 of the LAN ports on my modem operate in bridge mode at 1.0Gbps connection speed (was actually testing this yesterday to try to replicate abspatel's issue).

jjunge
I plan to stick around

That is really interesting. Maybe there is a problem with certain routers obtaining an IP from the CODA but mine definately does not. Level 2 tech support was definately aware of this issue though - not sure if it is only in certain scenarios or not. I am quite content using this box in Gateway mode as it seems to work very well - if I could get access to my NAS through it that is really all I need 🙂

Double_K
@jjunge wrote:

That is really interesting. Maybe there is a problem with certain routers obtaining an IP from the CODA but mine definately does not. Level 2 tech support was definately aware of this issue though - not sure if it is only in certain scenarios or not. I am quite content using this box in Gateway mode as it seems to work very well - if I could get access to my NAS through it that is really all I need 🙂

@jjunge In Gateway mode, the modem gets a public IP address (99.x.y.z) from the Rogers DHCP server.  It then runs a DHCP server itself (in Gateway mode) to give your computer(s) a private IP address (192.168.y.z).

In bridge mode, the device connected to the modem gets a public IP address (99.x.y.z) from the Rogers DHCP server (essentially, the modem is just a modem).  This is typically a personal router / firewall, but can also be your PC.

Here's the catch:  In bridge mode, the Rogers DHCP server captures the MAC address of the first & second device(s) connected.  It then holds these MAC addresses in its database for some amount of time (not sure how long).  If you try to connect a 3rd MAC address, the DHCP server won't give it a public IP address.  Is this what you are trying to do?

buttman
I'm here a lot
Apparently my 4582 was not provisioned on the back end and fails connection test. The "@" light is not on. Any idea how long this provisioning process takes?
It's been almost 20 hours without internet and I'm thinking of returning this modem.

Abspatel
I plan to stick around
I'll check this when I get home. I'd don't have another router, but I'll test out the bridge vs gateway as well. Hopefully that's not the problem as I do need wireless functionality.

Worst part is that I can get +200mbps on my iPhone 6 running a speed test next to the modem.

Double_K

@buttman The provisioning process should be instant.  I've had techs at my house do it instantly, and agents in store do it instantly.

Take it back to the store and have them provision it on the spot.

I spoke with three different techs from Rogers already and they couldn't resolve it. I have a ticket oped and received a small credit for the inconvenience. I guess I can wait a few more hours, then ask for my old modem back - we are burning through cell data fast.

@jjunge wrote:

CODA-4582 - Can no longer access my NAS over the network - please help!

Hi Guys,

I switched to the CODA-4582 and I'm using it as my router as well instead of the D-Link I was using before. Since using this modem as the router, I can no longer access my NAS and I'm hoping someone can help - I assume there is something I can set to allow it to work. Here is what happens:

1) The configuration page at the IP of the NAS is fully accessible

2) If I open File Explorer and expand the 'Network' tab on the left, I see the NAS listed there

3) When I click on the NAS, Windows tells me the the device is not accessible. Similarly, when I try to configure my backup software, it sees the NAS but cannot access it.

I've tried placing the NAS in the DMZ and that didn't work. Any other ideas? Thanks alot 🙂

Don't put the NAS in the DMZ; that's basically telling the gateway to forward all ports to the NAS. Very unlikely to be what you want... 

Are you trying to access the NAS using a name or an IP? I suspect that your CODA-4582 may be running a different subnet, or even if you have it set up as the same subnet, your NAS was assigned a different IP. And I think your client machines could be caching the old IP behind the NetBIOS name...

jjunge
I plan to stick around
It shows up as 'LINKSTATION' in the network list and I can't access it like that or if I try to navigate to the IP. How can I go about looking into whether or not things are cached causing the problem? The odd thing is that I can access the config page through edge navigating to the IP but can't navigate to it within windows - very frustrated... 😞