Rogers Hitron CGN3 - NEW FIRMWARE - 4.2.4.3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Hitron CGN3 - NEW FIRMWARE - 4.2.4.3

Just got it now.

Gateway mode:

• Pings to the Lan interface: No Change, maybe on average a bit lower.
  • Interface still lags when clicking on gateway/port forwarding/dmz: Although, it only does this once. Also, pings to LAN drop to 1ms constant when router interface is lagging...go figure.

Bridge mode:

• Will test today and get back to you guys.

Early signs are not positive. But hey, stranger things have happened.

L.

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: :: Rogers Hitron CGN3 - NEW FIRMWARE - 4.2.4.3 ::

I just got off the phone with Rahim from the Rogers CAT.

From his tests, he believes that in addition to the release notes that claims that this release addresses the issue of performance in bridge mode (which I have never encountered) the instability of the CGN3 in bridge mode has also been addressed.

I've only been in bridge mode since this morning at 10:00am, so I'll give it another few hours before I can confirm that it is better than the previous firmware. Anyhow, stay tuned, I'll try to keep everyone posted.

Out of curiosity, how many of you have the new firmware right now?

L.

I've Been Here Awhile

Been on v4.1.4.4 since i bought this piece of junk a week ago. On hold with Rogers tech support as i type. Will update posting when i hear more

sean

--- Update ---

Just ended call with tech support. In their exact words: "It is a staggered rollout and there is no way to know when/if I will receive the firmware".

Andrew did say the current/latest firmware version is 4.2.4.3

anywho, back to bridge mode i go

sean

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok guys, so I've been testing 4.2.4.3 or 16 hours, and I'm happy to say that bridge mode is quite stable! It looks like even though the release was meant to fix performance problems in bridge mode, It has also addressed the stability issue! I hope everyone gets their update soon, and I hope it works as well for you as it does for me.

Cheers,

L.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

. , I wish they would push this update out faster, I have yet to recieve it, and apparently Tech Support can't manually push it out.

I've Been Here Awhile

The update will be running from Feb 27th until Mar 7th I am told, and there is nothing that Rogers can do until after that point.  Check your device daily (as am I) and hopefully this will resolve the Bridge mode problems as I am really getting tired of rebooting this every day.

I Plan to Stick Around

Good to see some progress on this... finally!

For those of us already in Bridge mode how can you tell what version firmware you're running?  And does the firmware upgrade reset the device back to Gateway mode?

I'm Here A Lot

Where to download? :: Rogers Hitron CGN3 - NEW FIRMWARE - 4.2.4.3 ::

Hey guys,  where can i download this new firmware?

I was getting 100Mbps / 10Mbps (consistently, at all times of day) on Ultimate with the old SMC D3 in bridge mode, but that kept me pinned to the old 250GB ultimate account. We kept going over our bandwidth, and thats when i noticed that we should have 1TB for what we're paying; Rogers CR told me that i needed to upgrade my modem to get the new speeds (250Mbps/20Mbps) and 1TB  so i bought a new Hitron CGN3 this morning.

I plugged the modem in to my laptop, disabled gateway functions, powered it down, and then put it in place in my network cabinet. Got the same IP - Connectivity OK.

I did a speedtest.net test, and it seems like im pinned at 40Mbps/20Mbps; my accounts now says Ultimate 1TB. I suspect that the modem isn't locking in to the right amount of downstream channels when in bridge mode, since im getting pretty much exactlely 1/8th of the speed.

Is this a known issue? Where can i download the new 4.2.4.3 firmware? 

Thanks!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is no way to get the firmware yourself.

Rogers is pushing it out in waves, and the techs are not able to push it out manually either at this time.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Where to download? :: Rogers Hitron CGN3 - NEW FIRMWARE - 4.2.4.3 ::

Hello SJInnovator

Sadly Rogers is pushing the update out to us all. It can take days for some to get it. There is no manual way for them to push out the update to us at this moment & time. Hopefully in the future they can tho.