Rogers Gaming & Streaming Lab

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Gaming & Streaming Lab

Fifa 20 PS4 game lag

Hi

I am having some issues with my Fifa 20 game for Playstation 4. 

It keeps on lagging.  Please provide help with this issue 

thanks 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@London_King96  what modem do you have, as seen on the following link:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/factoryresetmodem

Running the XB6 which is used for the Ignite TV service, or the Hitron CODA-4582 which is used to support gigabit service without the Ignite IPTV service?  If you have the XB6, can you have a look at the bottom of the modem to check the modem model.  It will either be an Arris TG-3482ER (Intel Puma 7) or a Technicolor CGM-4140 (Broadcom BCM-3390).

Are you running the modem in Gateway mode with a direct connection to the modem, or in Bridge mode with a router behind it, connecting directly to the router. 

Is the Playstation 4 connected via ethernet or wifi?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Been having terrible amounts of dropped frames while streaming to twitch, multiple service calls, techs visited and just like everyone else have been searching for a solution and nothing has worked from any of the previous threads here. Originally I was just using the hitron modem/router and in a attempt to make things better reinstalled my own router. I can go back to just the bad hitron one if needed. Either way I need a fix ASAP or ima lose my mind.

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

gunna include some screenshots of twitch inspector so you can see how it goes from being okay to pretty bad and sometimes horrible

Screenshot_7.pngScreenshot_8.pngScreenshot_9.png

Highlighted

Hello, @vzabizew.

We appreciate your detailed post, dropped frames while streaming can hinder the gaming experience. The signal levels are good; the issue doesn't seem to be related to the RF signal or other specs within our network. Per the traceroute, the fifth hop is where the packets are exiting our network. We can further run a few tests and submit a ticket for you if required. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Regards,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello and thanks for your quick reply.
I am running the Arris XB6.
I am running the Internet on Gateway Mode
On my PS4, I am plugged in via internet.
I just got in touch with EA, and they told me to enter these remaining ports
“ This is what ea wrote me

You did your best in opening the ports, Joel however there are still some ports missing. This is the reason I am requesting you to ask them to do this for you.
TCP: 3659, 10000-10099, 42127
UDP: 3074“
Please help me educate me on how to open them or can only Rogers do this?
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hey there, Im having some issues while playing games and watching streams on twitch. Ill be playing and everything will be fine then everything will freeze and my character will glitched forwards of backwards. I looks at some pings in command promt and it seems like im loosing some packets. Ive have multiple conversations with Rogers on twitter and they say everything is fine on thier end.

here are the pictures you require

I dont have any screenshots of me pinging anything cause its not anything specific but its most noticable when gaming and watching streams.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

-tdoe

Highlighted

Hey @tdoe!

Welcome to the Community!

Lag will most certainly get in the way of the gaming experience, so thank you for letting us know about your issue! Are you able to complete a traceroute to the ingest server of a game you're experiencing this issue with? For assistance with this you can reach out to the games support department and they can provide you with the necessary hostname. We'll need this test to determine if there's any visible latency within the Rogers network.

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Rogers community, 

I am a new member here. 

I thought of posting about my game lag struggles in the hope that somebody will be able to help me because I have contacted EA help for about 7 weeks now regarding this issue. 

My Fifa 20 on my PS4 lags whenever I am on the counter attack and I am noticing button delay as well. 

The game buffers whenever I play online. It is like waiting for a Youtube video to load. It is the worst feeling when your building momentum with all these passes and all of a sudden your player decides to run of the pitch or away from the ball and you are thinking what the heck ? I never did that. 

Please help. I have been back and fourth between my ISP and EA for months now and I just want to play a smooth game of Fifa. 

Highlighted

Hey @London_King96!

Welcome to the Community!

Lag is definitely a detriment to any gaming experience, especially during a crucial moment of gameplay. So that we might be able to assist there's a few things we'll need to know about your issue to help get to the bottom of it.

Can you confirm if you're seeing this in any other games, on any other device? Or is it only occurring when playing Fifa?

You mentioned speaking with EA regarding the issue, what information did they provide you regarding it?

Has a traceroute been run yet using a PC to the games ingest server?

Admittedly this specific issue, if it's only occurring there, would lead me to believe that it's a game level issue that would need to be addressed by EA specifically, but I haven't played the game personally and there's various pieces of unknown information so I'm unable to come to a conclusion. Keep us posted 🙂

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My internet quality has been up and down for many months and I've talked to tech support multiple times. The most recent one was a service call in January. The technicians checked everything and concluded that the issue was somewhere beyond my house and noted it for maintenance. Usually my upload speed is only good in the morning and likewise my connection quality in games. Right now I'm experiencing higher than normal ping and also packet loss when I play League of Legends in the afternoon or evening. I normally use my own switch and router but I have tried using the Rogers CODA-4582U modem in both gateway and bridge mode wired with no improvements.

Modem Signal Stats:

Screenshot_2020-03-06 CODA-4582U Router - Hitron Technologies.png

Ping to Google and Traceroute to League of Legends:

ping.png