Rogers Gaming & Streaming Lab

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Gaming & Streaming Lab

Hello Andy, Thank you for the quick reply
Yes, EA gave me every troubleshooting step which I completed and still game lag. They told me to go to Rogers which I did and Rogers are sending a technician over next week to see if my wifi needs to be replaced.
I did run a trace route to Google’s public IP address on my PC. 8.8.8.8 primary and secondary, 8.8.4.4. Still the same, no changes.
It is only lagging on FIFA on my PS4.
I keep speaking with EA, and they keep on saying go to your ISP, I decided to upload a YouTube Video with the lag to prove as evidence. I to do believe it’s the EA Servers even though they denie it each time.
They say speak to your ISP. Rogers, ran tests and said everything looks fine.
I’m so fed up with this, I bough the game for $80 and I missed half the season trying to fix this issue.
Thanks Joel
Highlighted

It's good to hear that we've already arranged for a technician to come out for you @London_King96!

Please let us know how this appointment goes. If you have any lingering concerns after the tech has left, please reach back out to us here and we'll follow up with you.

You also mentioned an input delay while playing. This is outside of our normal troubleshooting but as a gamer, I think it is prudent to ask whether or not you've got Game Mode enabled on your TV or display? It actually makes a huge difference when it comes to input lag and it's worth sacrificing whatever visual quality you lose when it's turned on.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Andy,
I have tried PortForward.Com and typed in Fifa 20 PS4 ports
I am deciding to give that a try since I already tried on the EA official website.
Have you heard of Port Forward.com?
I entered in all the ports from port forwarding.com
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

London King.

Try Pinging the Gateway.  Log into the Modem 10.0.0.1

Look up your wan address and then type ping -n 100 x.x.x.1, where x.x.x are the first three numbers in your wan address.

If the ping maximum and minimum vary wildly and you are having timeouts then the lag is at Rogers, and it has nothing to do with the game.  Right now there are a large number of gamers using Rogers getting latency and timeouts to games such that they are unplayable, all of them caused by latency to the first hop.

It  may be that you have a problem with the game, but it is far more likely that you are like the rest of us and will have to give up gaming for a while.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just had a tech come to my house today and said I have "noise" on my area node, but nothing to worry about.  I still can't game on World of Tanks without extreme ping spikes of over 999ms.  I just pinged my local wan address and her are my results:

Pinging 174.117.206.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 174.117.206.1: bytes=32 time=514ms TTL=63
Reply from 174.117.206.1: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=63
Reply from 174.117.206.1: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=63
Reply from 174.117.206.1: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=63

Ping statistics for 174.117.206.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 9ms, Maximum = 514ms, Average = 137ms

Any help would be appreciated as this has been ongoing for two weeks now.

St. John's, NL area.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I asked Rogers is lag on their end or is it on Electronic Art's end?  Rogers told me that they tested my modem and everything is fine 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Welcome to the club!

Some of us have been having this problem for over a month. I think this is going to take several months to play out.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Why don’t we all get together and complain to Rogers? They sent a technician over to my house today to tell me that my Ping times where high. He told me to wait 24 hrs to ping to go down to normal and stable. I since sent a message on FB to Rogers and they say everything is fixed. EA is telling me to wait 72 hrs for the servers to sync with my modem
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is really bad. I have to use my phones LTE to game online. This also makes it impossible to remote desktop to my work PC. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just an update regarding my tech visit on Monday.  He replaced the line from the pole coming into my house.  Replaced my arris modem with a technicolor modem and told me a node in my area was in the process of either being repaired or replaced which I got a confirmation text last night saying it was fixed.  Been playing World of Tanks now with pings between 42-110ms.  Much better than the 999+ I was getting over the past two weeks.  He also told me that Rogers is currently doing a Nationwide upgrade over the next two years which will affect various areas.  Ontario, Quebec, Alberta and BC are currently undergoing the upgrades this year with the rest of Canada to follow.

Also, do not call rogers 1-888 number as the call center techs are useless.  Use the ignite concierge number instead.

1-866-299-3622.  They are much better to deal with.