Rogers Gaming & Streaming Lab

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Gaming & Streaming Lab

@marz23 

Yeah, it's pretty crazy in 2020 to not be able to get decent internet in Toronto.

The tech sent to your house won't be able to fix the ongoing issue with Rogers' network infrastructure. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

you're all lucky if you have bell or another fibre option to switch to and i suggest you do it.  i'm stuck here with rogers as bell only offers very slow DSL speeds in my area.  i've been having the same issues as most are in this thread since august 2019, its almost been a full year of this and its only gotten worse with no information on whether they are actually trying to fix the issue or not.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

same issue here... .

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

In having connection issues with GTA 5 on PC. The first load into online, it would take anywhere from 10-30 minutes to connect online and play. After that, all the loading is fast until I close the application and launch again.

I've been troubleshooting with Rockstar but nothing is helping. They r question if it is due to my connection and told me to try using a different network such as mobile connection. I don't have data so I cannot try this.

Anyone would know a solution?
Highlighted

Hello @imeem!

Welcome!

I've personally spent an awful lot of time playing GTAO with my friends but was eventually driven to stop playing due to the chronic server issues. Getting booted back to the loading screen was frustrating. If you frequent any online spaces where GTAO discussion occurs, server problems and disconnects are a fairly common complaint.

RDRO has similar issues too.

Do you have any difficulties connecting to other games or is this issue exclusively impacting your GTAO experience?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@imeem wrote:
I've been troubleshooting with Rockstar but nothing is helping. They r question if it is due to my connection and told me to try using a different network such as mobile connection. I don't have data so I cannot try this.

It also wouldn't hurt to check the health of your IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity using one of these test sites:

https://test-ipv6.com/

https://en.internet.nl/test-connection/

If your IPv6 connectivity is partially broken, that might be the problem... and restarting your Rogers gateway (or your router) should fix it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Only GTA online.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nope no issue. Perhaps it could be my cpu or HDD.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

GTA5 Online takes forever to load. I wouldn't really use it as a benchmark for anything.

My brothers and I played and we all have good computers and different internet circuits in different provinces (some cable, some fiber) and we've all experienced absurd loading times. 

Can be caused by many different things which we can't really troubleshoot. 

As far as Rogers issues are concerned; the core issue isn't resolved but they did mitigate some of the trouble by the way they are handling the traffic. I suspect they are prioritizing gaming traffic as I am still experiencing issues with SIP traffic. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

After 2 months of having the same issues and them not acknowledging it through numerous techs, they offered to credit me >$5 for 2 months of massive ping spikes and refuse to believe there's an issue when I've showed them traceroutes and ping plotters. The support is an absolute joke.dllhost_Y4s0YspBuY.pngdllhost_P2QLvnG4M6.png