Rogers Email Inaccessible

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Email Inaccessible

I just went to the Rogers "Manage E-mail Accounts" page and found the following information there:

You might be experiencing issues when logging in to your email account. As part of our efforts to ensure your account continues to be secure, we're asking you to reset your password. To change your password, click on “Manage Emails Accounts”, then click on “Account Information” followed by “Change Password”. We encourage customers to regularly change their passwords and to never use the same password on multiple sites or services.

I'm not sure why they don't provide a bit more information regarding "acceptable" passwords, but I guess this is a start.  Luckily, I haven't had any issues so far as my PW have 3 different types of characters.  Here are my additional comments.

1. If your PW was "weak" (for example abcdef) then you'll probably need to change it to something that has at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one number, one character like %, 7-8+ characters in total.  Most financial institutions require similar stronger PW, but they often show the strength of your existing PW and when you meet the needs of what they want. For example one of my Financial Institutions required 11 characters total of 4 different types...

2. For those of you who use devices, or e-mail clients, you'll likely need to create "App Passwords" for each.  Here's a link on how to set things up, see the dropdown on App PW at the bottom:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup

I hope this helps.

RogersLaura

Hello Community and thank you for all of your posts!

As mentioned above by our Resident Expert @57, you may be required to update your password for your Rogers Yahoo mail account. This is being done in an effort to help keep your information as safe and secure as possible. 

We encourage customers to regularly change their passwords and never use the same password on multiple sites or services. You can use the Change Password option inside the Member Centre to do this. If you are unable to log in to the Member Centre with your current password, you can also go through the Forgot Password process to reset your password. For assistance in resetting your password and for other answers to questions you may have about your Rogers Yahoo email service, please click  here.

In addition, we encourage all our customers to always:

• Avoid clicking on links or downloading attachments from suspicious emails.
  • Review account for any suspicious activity, and be cautious of unsolicited communications or web pages that ask for your personal information.

We hope this helps and we appreciate your understanding! 🙂

RogersLaura

mthack1959
I'm Here A Lot

Hey rogers.laura
I changed my password. It works on my phone but NOT in outlook or windows 10?
What else have you changed
Sraggs
I've Been Here Awhile

Because I only have an email account as I've had this email since I was 16, I'm unable to access it through any accounts. I've tried to log into my parents Rogers account but my email is also not linked there. Not sure what to do here as I am unable to access through any portal to change my password.
Tiger99
I Plan to Stick Around

For those of you who use devices, or e-mail clients, you'll likely need to create "App Passwords" for each.  Here's a link on how to set things up, see the dropdown on App PW at the bottom:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup

I hope this helps.

Worked for me once changed password ... my guess is extra step probably needed on all passwords  changes going forward . This email did have a very weak password, I should have changed sometime ago. Other emails were better but good reminder to update them regularly.

lizkel
I've Been Here Awhile

So why has rogers not issued a notification to its customers ahead of this change. Do you know how much grief this has caused. What was the reason for this sudden change. ROGERS SHOULD BE MORE FORTHCOMING WIT THIS INFORMATION!.

mike2277
I've Been Here Awhile

This isn't working for me.   I get the message "We're sorry, we are unable to validate your security answers at this time. Please try again later"  

awasys
I've Been Here Awhile

What worked for me was going to the chat with a virtual assistant. All you need is to type "live agent" and you will be put in the line to a live agent. Wait time was 10-15 minutes. After the agent answered, everything was very quick, we were able to reset an email password and at the same time an answer for the security question I could not get right. Have you rogers account number handy as well as the date and amount of the last pay.

Good luck!

John-Paul
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, Rogers started requiring a unique app password like 3 or 4 years ago. They sent out multiple emails about it.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet-Knowledge-Base/Updating-your-Rogers-Yahoo-Email-Setti...
John-Paul
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed, but I’m also surprised that no one has bothered to read even a page or two of this thread considering that the solution has been posted multiple times.