Rogers Email Inaccessible

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Email Inaccessible

@rgonz80 : It looks like your post was moved to this existing thread. If you haven't already, check out posts 137 onwards with suggestions for Webmail and App passwords (Post 133).

rgonz80
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I think my issue is somewhat different from previous posts.  I can't log on as it doesn't recognize my username (email) at all, so I can't even reset my password.  Any ideas?  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rgonz80 : I assume that you're talking about accessing your e-mails via Webmail and not via an e-mail client like Outlook or Thunderbird.

As indicated in post 137, you can PM the mods here to get this taken care of.  I included a link in that post on how to PM if you're not familiar and I will include that link again below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

rgonz80
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Thanks, I did PM community helps and am waiting for their reply.

Thanks

DanielShortt
I'm Here A Lot

It looks like Rogers is up their old tricks again.  Today I couldn't log into my email.  I got a message saying that Rogers was forcing me to reset my password for "security" reasons.  By the looks of it I'm not the only one.  

Look ... I take careful consideration when choosing my passwords.  My previous password was deemed by Rogers to be "extremely strong."  It wasn't that long ago that I changed my password ... after Rogers cancelled my previous password, completely unannounced.  I am the only person using my computer, and I don't share my email password with anyone.  

I keep a written record of all my passwords in a secret location, and don't appreciate having to change my records on the whims of Rogers.   Where does Rogers get off, anyway?  Am I not paying them enough?  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are many websites that require you to change your PW every so often, no matter how strong.  This is not a Rogers conspiracy and may be related to Yahoo more than Rogers.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I second 57's comments. Its not a conspiracy theory, most reputable provider ask you to change your password every so often to ensure highest security standards are being adhered to. rogers also may have no say in this as it may have come from Yahoos request since Rogers uses their servers