cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Email Inaccessible

DanielShortt
I'm here a lot

What has happened to my Rogers email account?  After 20 years of being a Rogers customer, I suddenly can't access my email.  Yesterday it was accessible, today it's not.  What is going on? 

***Added Labels***

152 REPLIES 152

Re: Rogers Email Inaccessible

DanielShortt
I'm here a lot

When I try to log-in, I get redirected to a Rogers page saying, "Manage Email accounts." Then it says update your personal information, which I do (nothing has changed re. my name and language preference).  Then nothing.

habsrule999
I plan to stick around

hi.

we are geting the same error. most likely some kind of rogers issue so it will be fixed by tomorrow i imaging. Probably some server needs rebooting which they usuallu do at midnight or 3am.. Whatever you do DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD!!!. This looks like it might fix te issue but it will only make thing worse when they finally fix the problem

alexsparling
I've been around

Oh thank god, I'm not the only one.

JSong2
I've been around
I’ve been on hold with Rogers for 1hr and 10 minutes. You think they would have a recorded message informing customers there is an issue.

Let us know if you get any answers.

GCValiquette
I've been around
I’ve been having same issue. I’m directed to manage emails, which is a dead-end. There’s no route to accessing one’s emails.

RDL76
I plan to stick around

This happened to me when I initially cancelled my services (as expected) only to retain a new upgraded internet service.  A rep was able to help me reactivate my addresses but my question is are those old email addresses tied to my old account that was deactivated or are they tied to my new active internet service?  It might explain why I'm still receiving billing errors after multiple attempts to correct the issue.

Sraggs
I've been here awhile
I'm getting the same thing, been trying to fix it for 2hrs now. I'm going to leave it in hopes tomorrow it's fixed. Who knows, but it will be very disappointing if our email accounts are lost.

HCS
I've been here awhile
I have been having the exact same problem So frustrating

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

Actually changing the password worked for me. I was having the same issue as everyone else here. Everything I did kept taking me back to the stupid Rogers Member Centre. Sign out, sign back in, click on email - it all reverted me to the Member Centre. In looking at my account info, I decided to attempt a password change. My old password did not conform to new requirements: 7-32 characters, at least one capital letter, one number, and one special character. Once I changed my password to conform, I was immediately able to access my email. I do find it infuriating that while changing my password worked, I received no notification from Rogers whatsoever that I had to change my password. 

habsrule999
I plan to stick around

when did the password strength change as you said??.this is from rogers site???

the website says ANY 2 of the following

Enter your Existing Password, then enter your new password twice.

• Passwords are case sensitive and:
    • Cannot be the same as the username.
    • Must be between 7 and 32 characters.
    • Cannot contain spaces.
    • Must contain at least two of the following types of characters:
      • Upper case letters (A–B)
      • Lowercase letters (a–b)
      • Numbers (i.e. 0–9)
      • Any of the following special characters - ! @ # $ % ^ *

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

I received no notification from Rogers that the password strength had changed.  I only decided to give the password change a try while in the Rogers Member Centre, since nothing else was working. Once I changed my password, I was able to access my email again. I was going on memory only and did not realize it was only 2 of the 4 requirements. I used all 4. It worked. 

Gordie1
I've been around

I had the same issue at around 6 pm (EST). After an hour I got through and an agent who got me in by having me re-set my password from the manage accounts screen. All was good until I got out at around 10 pm (EST). I tried to go back in a half hour later and now cannot even get to the manage accounts screen to try the re-set approach. Rogers put through some sort of update on the system and it is causing this problem. It is a known problem to them.

Rogers Email Inaccessible

fbddbdrgergerge
I've been around

I am glad it wasn't just me...... customer service is worthless don't bother trying to ask them for anything.
3 failed calls, 2 attempts with online chat and a vast search on google lead me here.

rzf
I've been around

Also have the problem.  My password meets the rules.

Z3rider
I've been here awhile

Same problem.  Tried changing password and it seems OK for now.  

Note that the new password only worked for my iOS devices.  For my Windows 10 desktop, I have to use "Authorized Applications" under "Account Information Tap" to create an application specific password.  And then use that for Outlook.  

claud44
I've been around

I can't even get to changing my password. If I hit Forgot Password, it takes me to a secret question that isn't mine. It then says they are having difficulties and to try again later when I try to put an answer in.

Yea it may be a known problem, but what's the solution? No notification or warning that anything was changing.

njd
I plan to stick around
Thank you...
I still had the 15 year old password Rogers gave me. I changed it and "bingo".
To bad Rogers or Yahoo or whoever couldn't have told us...

BlackAdder7
I plan to stick around

I had the same issue as all of you.  My email worked fine everywhere until about 2:30pm EST on Nov. 5.   After a few hours of being grumpy, and then eventually finding this thread (I always forget to check here), I decided to change my password as I KNEW my old one didn't meet the new requirements.

Once I changed it, everything went back to normal.

I really wish Rogers would send out emails well ahead of time about this sort of thing.