Rogers Cable/Internet in my area - Help!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Rogers Cable/Internet in my area - Help!!!

Hello, 

I live in an area which does not have Rogers services for cable and internet according to the Rogers website.  My postal code is K4P 1R9.  However, the postal code I have only covers the specific street I live on, and houses surrounding me have a different postal code, that is covered by Rogers for Cable and Internet according to the Rogers website.  I think this is a postal code error in Rogers database, but I'm not sure how to verify that this is the case.  I'm hoping a Rogers tech who really wants to help out a customer can look into this for me.

Here's the facts:

• My house was built in the last 7 years, as are all the houses on my street (it was built as a single development)
  • The area directly beside my house has Rogers Cable and internet coverage (K0A 2W0).  I'm talking 80 feet from my front door, however they are in a different postal code.
  • The street I live on has a single, dedicated postal code (K4P 1R9). It's very strange, and it only applies to my street, which is a cul-de-sac
  • "Other" cable internet provided say that Internet is available at my location, but I'd rather deal with Rogers and take advantage of bundled services (i'm a wireless subscriber)
  • The clincher - my house has a cable line running from the street, into my house

I'm hoping this is some kind of database error, and a little investigation could enable me to subscribe to cable and internet services. 

Here's a diagram of my area:

Pasted_Image_2016-01-12__9_50_PM.png

Also, if anyone has had this kind of experience were the Rogers website seemingly is incorrect, and were able to get Rogers services at their location - I would appreciate you giving advice on how it was resolved.

Thanks!

Jamie

***Edited Labels*** 

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers Cable/Internet in my area - Help!!!

Hello @JimmySmash,

Welcome to the Community!

Our postal code lookup for serviceability is accurate. Unfortunately, there are some areas which currently cannot be serviced due to many factors. We would certainly want to provide you our services and are working to continuously expand our network further. Please check back in the near future. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @JimmySmash,

Welcome to the Community!

Our postal code lookup for serviceability is accurate. Unfortunately, there are some areas which currently cannot be serviced due to many factors. We would certainly want to provide you our services and are working to continuously expand our network further. Please check back in the near future. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi, I'm moving to a location that has service, but the building is so new that you're not picking up the postal code. Is there a way to setup my move with some other postal code? The service checker acknowledged the postal code, but the mover service is not. Thx, A