cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers 150 vs. Fido 150.

imeem
I plan to stick around

Fido 150 internet is exactly the same as Rogers 150, but it's 75$/month. Rogers is 95$/month. What's the difference? Why would anyone pick Rogers over Fido ?

https://www.fido.ca/pages/#/internet

*Added Labels*

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rogers 150 vs. Fido 150.

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

Easy. Brand loyalty, and VIP discounts if you have other services. The latter could eliminate the difference. If this is your only service then go for the cheapest solution. Rogers is still getting your money.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Hello,
Im sure even some promotions may be different between companies.

imeem
I plan to stick around

Ya it's my only product with Rogers. Im thinking could Fido's internet be like how TekSavvy is to Bell?

I spoke with a Fido agent and they said the hardware is the same as Rogers. But speaking to a Rogers agent, they weren't really able to answer my question .

I wonder if Fido's internet is less consistent/reliable as Rogers? I assume Rogers reserves the best for themselves.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@imeem wrote:

Ya it's my only product with Rogers. Im thinking could Fido's internet be like how TekSavvy is to Bell?

Fido is like what Virgin Mobile Canada is to Bell.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@imeem wrote:

I spoke with a Fido agent and they said the hardware is the same as Rogers. But speaking to a Rogers agent, they weren't really able to answer my question .

Fido says here that they are giving their new customers a Hitron CGN3U modem, presumably one refurbished from old Rogers stock.

I wonder if Fido's internet is less consistent/reliable as Rogers? I assume Rogers reserves the best for themselves.

I have never been a Fido Internet customer, nor do I know any, so I can't say anything positive or negative about the quality of their service.  Check out the Fido Community to see what their own customers have to say.

The differences between service providers get revealed when things are not working well.  If I were ever to experience an Internet-related problem in my area, I would much rather be a Rogers customer.  Rogers can (and have) sent a tech to my house within hours to fix a problem.  I don't know if Fido customers enjoy the same level of support.

If you are a TPIA customer, it can be literally days before Rogers is even contractually obligated to merely acknowledge a TPIA provider's problem report, let alone investigate and fix the problem.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation