Richmond Hill Slow Evening Hours

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Richmond Hill Slow Evening Hours

Hey guys, this past two weeks or so I've noticed in the evening after 7-8pm, the internet gets very slow. I've run various speed tests: Rogers Speed Check, Speedtest.net, Xfinity Speed Test, all the same results, high latency/ping, download speeds erratic (100mb/s max, speeds jumping all over the place) and upload around 7-8mb/s.

I'm on Rogers Ignite 250u, during the day/off peak hours I can hit 332mb/s down, 22mb/s up all day. 

I've checked my signal levels during the day and in the evening, levels all look great, 2-3dBmV

My area was recently upgraded to CASA (2-3weeks ago), I never had this issue before, I'm only noticing it once the Cisco Gear was swapped out for CASA. Hopefully someone at Rogers can take a look at this area and see if they need to tune the network more. My  area is High Tech and Red Maple.

I have a CGN3ACSMR, however I doubt any of my equipment is the issue, since this is only occuring during peak hours, and my signal levels are good. 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Richmond Hill Slow Evening Hours

No tech visit, and the signal stays the same during the good and bad times, (2-3dbmv).

The problem occurs on random afternoon/nights, however the past 4-5 nights it has been working great! I'm guessing since they upgraded us to the CASA CMTS, that some tweaking still needed to be done. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @gp-se Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Have you tested multiple devices to rule out a device issue?

Also the Community Forums in intended for peer-to-peer support. In order to have Rogers investigate your area. You need to speak with us directly in connection with your account so we can run a diagnostic, escalate a ticket, or send a Technician depending on the outcome of our findings.

You can send a PM to @CommunityHelps or use another one of our contact options listed here

Feel free to chime in Community

RogersAsif

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

thanks for the reply, I've tried on my laptop (wifi) and my desktop (ethernet) both the same results. It's very random, sometimes no issues, other nights very slow. I'll call tech support when it does it. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its either a congestion issue..  (which is a lot less likely, that your on the 100mbps plan, so you should be on a newer modem which generally shouldnt have this)

Overselling... which is possible.. and not really fixable without them upgrading their equipment in the area.

Or could be something more local.
We had an issue a few years back.. daytime, etc.. was completely fine.

As soon as 7-10ish timeframe came around.. net slowed a bit.. but the TV and phone went totally to pot, severe signal issues, etc.

Signal was fine otherwise.

Ended up being one of the main feeds in the subdivision, that under heavy LOAD (when most people are on, in the eve) a break or something was causing problems but only when under that load.. was fine otherwise.
They ended up replacing that line and has generally be fine otherwise.

Are you able to post your signal levels from the modem.. both from a GOOD time and BAD time, to compare?

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hi @gp-se,

Any updates on this issue? It is possible that the issue might be noise related. @CommunityHelps should be able to rule this out if you provide them with the dates and times you experience the slow speeds. Have you had a technician visit recently? 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No tech visit, and the signal stays the same during the good and bad times, (2-3dbmv).

The problem occurs on random afternoon/nights, however the past 4-5 nights it has been working great! I'm guessing since they upgraded us to the CASA CMTS, that some tweaking still needed to be done. 

View solution in original post