Requesting installation of FTTH (Fiber to the Home) internet?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Requesting installation of FTTH (Fiber to the Home) internet?

I was a Rogers customer before. months ago, one Rogers rep knocked on the door to notify me that the FTTH is available at my address and told me someone will come to. install FTTH for me if I switched to Rogers interenet.

and I also saw some workers laid the fiber cable to the side of my house. but currently, when I called the Rogers customer service, they had no idea about FTTH, still ask me to use coax if I want to use Rogers internet.  

which department or person should  I contact if I want to use FTTH Rogers internet ? 

**Adding Labels**

Highlighted

Re: Requesting installation of FTTH (Fiber to the Home) internet?

Hey @MichaelL,

I can understand your excitement and interest in possibly having FTTH installed in your area! 🙌

When the Rogers rep knocked on your door, do you recall if they had you sign a consent form to have FTTH installed on your property? If needed, we can have a look at our construction schedule to confirm if we've already been in your area or will be in your area shortly. 

If you are interested in obtaining internet services with us again, we'd absolutely be thrilled to have you! To set up services, simply reach out to any of our customer support teams to get the ball rolling. Please CLICK HERE to view the various avenues of support available and select either 'Service Changes' or 'General Inquiries' to view all options.

You may also send us a Private Message here @CommunityHelps. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Thanks so much!

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The regular Rogers Customer Service reps can't help you with this.

You need to call 1-844-760-3908

More info about Rogers Fibre to the Home is available here:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/faqs-about-rogers-fibre-internet

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@CommunityHelps I am having the same problem, even when i call the number listed on the FAQ and this forum, I cannot reach a support agent who can upgrade my service to FTTH.

I currently have a gigabit plan with the CODA modem, and I have not had stable internet in like 3 years, and I believe its becasue im at the end of the block of my local node, and the siganl simply cannot stand the distance. My speed tests are always around 150 Mbps, even with my Wifi 6 (AX) router and laptop, I cannot get the speeds i pay for.

I would like the FTTH service, so its fiber to my home and only COAX the last few fet to my modem, not the whole block. I know they just installed it about 2 months ago in my area, they dug up everyones lawns to insall boxes and run the line underground, but I still cannot get anyone to upgrade my servie to use it.

Can someone help me??

I dont mind providing the written conest, like with the CODA firmware beta, I just dont know who to message or call and im loosing my mind...

Please help

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How do you know the FTTH installed in your neighbourhood is from Rogers? Did you get any notice or mail from Rogers?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Im assuming its rogers, becuase my neighbour has had Bell fiber for long time already, and they ran an above ground cable to his house, and then 2 months ago, like i said, eveyone got their yards dugs up and a new fiber line was run down the entire block under eveyones yard.

The guys installing it told my neighbour it was a fiber line, and since he already has one with Bell and they didnt change his to this new line, I have too assume its Rogers because who else in Toronto is running residential Fiber line under peoples lawns and installing access boxes?

Either way, I want to know from @CommunityHelps or someone, who I can contact that will, first, FOR SURE know that Rogers is in fact running FTTH in Toronto, because every single agent I speak too, say they have no idea and as far as they know there is no direct FTTH serivce in Toronto at all, which is just unture. Second, they need to know how to check if the service has indeed be installed in my area specifically, and third, how to upgrade me to that service.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Im so sick of the lack of support for my situation and internet quality, that at this point, I would be more than willing to PAY rogers to install the dang line to my house from the node, like Bell did for my neighbour, above ground on the utility lines, I just cant get anyone at Rogers to even understand that there is fiber service in Toronto past the nodes

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I understand. Makes sense. Only problem is it's only been a couple of months so, although the fibre has been run, they probably haven't made the connections to the central/back office. That would explain why no one at Rogers is aware of it yet. 

Once the connections have been made and the fibre lines become live I'm sure you'll get a notice and be able to order the connection. Also, things may have slowed down a little as Rogers deals with Corona Virus related delays.

Highlighted

Hello, @gcerullo & @WestPoint.

Thank you both for your interest in Fibre to the Home (FTTH) service. We have started construction as of May 2019 to eventually bring Fibre to the Home (FTTH) to homes throughout Ontario. For more info, you can check FAQs about FTTH as posted by @gcerullo in the previous post. 

Feel free to send us a private message at @CommunityHelps, and we can check if more info is available for your address. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@gcerullo the only problem with that excuse is that connections have already been made and they are live, becuase my roommate does New Rogers Fiber installations in Condos and new townhouses ect, and some places he ran months ago, are already live and using the service becuase poeple live there and not too mention the other forum threads about issue with the FTTH service, there always will be, like any serivce, and the Mods who reply tell those people to check their Fiber to Coax converter and their modem before calling support... which means they have the FTTH service and its running and being used.

I will go ahead and PM @CommunityHelps as suggested, I thought that by tagging them here someone would simply reply, or contact me directly, but since not, I will just message them and find out what the deal is...