cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Internet Outage?

jacash01
I've been here awhile

Is anyone aware of the internet and cable outage in Brampton. What is the current status and when can we expect to be back online? I work from home and have lost a half day not being able to connect to the internet.

5 REPLIES 5

RogersMoin

Hello, @jacash01.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for joining the Community and for posting your query. Undoubtedly, the service interruptions can be inconvenient particularly if you are working from home. 

We can certainly look into the status for you, please send us a private message @CommunityHelpsPlease check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

jacash01
I've been here awhile

Thanks for your response... I am not exactly sure how to send a private message from @CommunityHelps. I feel really frustrated at this point, offline all day and no status updates from Roger's, absolutely nothing.. I expect Roger's to be proactive with comms in such situations, but it feels more like you just reactive. I found out myself that there was an issue then had to call in to find out what the issue is, which is still being referred to as just an "outage"... then no one is able to give me an ETA either. This is my livelihood that's being affected. While I understand that certain things are sometimes out of your control and is gonna happen occassionally but communication is in on your control, I would have expected to see email update or texts at least every hour.... just feeling really frustrated and trying to figure out how to make up for the lost day... hope this will be resolved soon.

Hello, @jacash01.

Thank you for your continued patience. I can certainly appreciate your position; a prolonged service interruption can be frustrating. 

You can click on @CommunityHelps and click on "Send This User a Private Message" on the top right side to send us the private message. 

We do proactively communicate major service interruptions; besides the IVR when you call the tech support the service interruption is also posted on rogers.com and on Twitter at @RogersHelps.

Below is the tweet acknowledging the interruption:

https://twitter.com/RogersHelps/status/1073281605240668162

Due to a fibre cut which was caused by a traffic accident, some customers in Brampton, Ontario may continue to experience a disruption to their Internet, TV, and Home Phone service. Repairs are ongoing as we work to restore service. Thank you for your continued patience.

Please feel free to send us a private message so that we can look into finding more details for you.

Thank you for understanding!

Regards,

RogersMoin

DGallant
I've been here awhile

Outage in London Ontario

Internet phone and tv are all off line. Is this a known issue?

Good afternoon @DGallant and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I can imagine how inconvenient service interruptions can be. Are you still experiencing loss of service?

Please visit our Rogers Service Interruptions thread to find out about potential outages in your area.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation