ROGERS ANYPLACE TV APP FOR WINDOWS 8/8.1 ISSUES

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

ROGERS ANYPLACE TV APP FOR WINDOWS 8/8.1 ISSUES

Anyone tried to use the Windows 8/8.1 Metro app successfully on an Intel-based desktop?   I haven't seen much published here about it so am posting this question.  

I can install it successfully, and log onto my account without issue.   I can see all the channels, movies, etc but all of my subscribed tv channels and all the shows are locked out.

When I access Anyplace TV thru a browser on the same Windows 8.1 computer everything works fine.   Either IE11 or Chrome have no issues.  

I realize most people are using Apple or Android devices for this sort of thing but wondered why this app would do this on Windows 8 given that it's been there for a while now and still fails with this.   I haven't tried it on an ARM-based tablet as I don't have one but wondered if anyone else has solved this problem already.

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: ROGERS ANYPLACE TV APP FOR WINDOWS 8/8.1 ISSUES

I rarely use the metro environment.. so i forgot that i had the app installed.

I tried it.. and am running into much the same thing as you...

The metro app doesnt show ALL the channels i have available.  It shows the VIP ones i SHOULD have, but like you said, show up as LOCKED.
VS on the browser app, it shows all the channels like HBO, etc.. and have access to them all.

Its like it only reads it as a 'free' account.  Any user can make a rogers login, no account associated, and have some limited access to some shows.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

You may be right that it's doing that in only detecting me as a casual user, however I'm using the same login as I do on the browser and my main Rogers account, so it should know better.   I know it is authenticating me since if I put in the wrong name or password it fails to let me in as it should.

One thing of note on the Anyplace app screens is that they're missing most if not all of the US network channels and specialty channels.   Most of the channels available tend to be the Canadian-based ones.   I don't subscribe to HBO (I would if they would separate it from TMN which I don't watch but will not pay that much for just one channel) so I'm surprised that you have that available on Anyplace access.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When i go on the website anyplace, it shows me all the channels, TMN, HBO, etc. included.  (as i do pay for them currently)

But on the Metro app, it doesnt.

Its definiately a BUG.. or a limitation of some form.

I'm a Senior Advisor

The metro ATV app is a terrible, useless afterthought, launched when Rogers was a 'Windows 8' launch partner and rarely updated since.  You will not get the full line of channels you get on the web version.

That being said, it should recognize your MyRogers login.  Try uninstalling and reinstalling.