Question about Hybrid 150 installation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Question about Hybrid 150 installation

Hi,

I rented a new apartment and they are going to come to install TV + Internet (Hybrid 150) in 10 days.

There is something that somewhat worries me now that I'm arranging the furniture in the place

The cable outlet is extremely inconveniently located (on top of the heating pipes where I can't place anything in a nice way) I need to physically wire one computer and both that computer and the TV are far away from the cable outlet.

I am not allowed to cut the walls or pull any other outlet at the place (since it's rental). Will the people who install internet be able to run a cable and place the router anywhere in the house? would they at least provide a cable long enought? or what would you recommend me to do in this case? Should I then buy a coax and or ethernet cables and run a cable myself through th apartment?

Thanks so much in advance!

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Question about Hybrid 150 installation

I think that all you can do is ask the tech to make the RG-6 cable that runs from the outlet to the modem long enough so that the modem location is convenient.  After that, you will have to buy and install ethernet cables that are long enough to get to the device locations.  Depending on the layout of your home, maybe the tech will make that cable long enough to reach the first device.  It never hurts to ask. 

Here is something that might be a little useful, a 90 degree connector installed at the outlet so that the cable doesn't come out from the wall before it bends back to the wall.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/90176-f-connector-adapter-2-pk/844974

It should actually look like this:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ideal-90-Degree-Coaxial-F-Type-Adapters-2-Pack-85-070/202825055#specifica...

For some reason the first photo has a second part on the bottom which is not part of the connector.   It any event that would help to clean up the appearance.  Maybe the techs carry some of these with them?  Don't know.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Question about Hybrid 150 installation

Thanks. I think this is the the best possible help I could get at the moment. Appreciate the advice.