Provisioning Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Provisioning Issue

It's the next day and the internet modem issue still has not been fixed. Anyone reading please note the standard Rogers response in my experience, shown above: 1) sorry we are not giving you what you pay us for 2) but we are not going to help you in any meaningful way, 'stuff happens' and 3) here is a way you can waste some more of your time.
Picture your business now on the second day with no internet, and how much this response would comfort you.
Thanks for responding. I am still experiencing further issues. You know who I am, please just fix it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One thing you may want to consider in the long run with your business.. is to consider business Internet.

While its the same connection so to speak, etc into the house.. that part doesnt change..
One thing that they do often provide is a higher SLA. (Service level agreement)

Residential internet, unfortunately i dont think really has guaranteed uptime.

Vs business internet, there usually is and will have a better turn around time.

Are they sending a tech out? 

I've Been Here Awhile

@Highcard , they are probably telling you by EOD your service will be restored. I was down for two days as well a couple of months ago. Ask for compensation for your lost time. If you have twitter use @rogershelp to broadcast your issue. You will find many people with the same story.

Good luck
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @Highcard,

I'm sorry to hear that your issue has yet to be resolved. My hope is by the time you read this, your internet has been restored. 

I definitely wouldn't want you to feel as if we're not taking your issue seriously. Your safety and privacy is our priority and since this issue does require access to your account, we request for you to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps to further assist.

We look forward to your reply!

RogersCilio

I'm Here A Lot

Ever since I woke up this morning, none of my devices (PC, phone, PS4) can access the Internet through my Wi-Fi, except occasionally I can access *some* websites through my browser. Apps, etc, however never work. This made me think it might be a DNS issue but I experimented with that and it didn't help.

I contacted customer service on Twitter a few hours ago and was told my modem isn't "provisioning properly" and they will get back to me within 24 hours.

I'm confused how that could actually be the issue when a) I'm not a new customer and didn't get a new modem any time in the last 8+ months, and b) the modem itself appears to have Internet access and I can access certain websites? Is any of that normal? It is hard not to get the impression the agent didn't know what it is and said that to end the interaction.

Does anyone have any thoughts / any ideas on what I might be able to do in the meantime / any idea why "provisioning" (getting permission to access the Internet on the ISP's end) would take so long to fix?

I'm Here A Lot

Oh God, I was told by customer service my sudden "provisioning issue" would be resolved within 24 hours. Based on these stories it looks like I am pretty screwed and need to start looking into a new ISP.

Hi @Derick416,

We haven't heard from you in @CommunityHelps, so just following up to see if the issue you were experiencing has since been resolved?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

I swapped my modem on Wednesday and be hold I have no internet access cause of provisioning, is so frustrating, why cant they fix this.

I've Been Around

Had to change modem today on Rogers advice. Also have a provisioning issue. Told it could take up to 24 hours to get internet back.

Hello @Terry11

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

Having to wait up to 24 hours to get your internet back on is definitely a nuisance!

At the moment we are noticing some issues with the provisioning of new modems on our network. But we are seeing that the issues are becoming resolved for some customers. If your modem is still not provisioned properly we may need to escalate a ticket to ensure it is prioritized and resolved in a timely manner.

To have a ticket escalated please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

Regards,

RogersTony